Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
#236046 04/22/07 06:59 PM
B
Bamaman Offline OP
OP Offline
B
Any one out there care to give a personal account of a reef fishing trip off Ambergris. I would like to know what to really expect instead of the probable hype on the guide service ads.
I will be there in early June for 11 days and would like to fish on the reef, at the docks (if fishing by the docks is productive) and around the mangroves at the west side of the Island.
I will be bringing my on gear so any suggestions on that subject will also be helpful.
Thanks,
Mark

D
DB Offline
D
check trip reports seciton of this site for any number of personal accounts sure to answer most of your questions.

Have fun!

DB #236049 04/22/07 08:28 PM
C
C
It can get rough outside the reef. If you need to go keep in mind the windy months,last 2 years my brother in law came to visit for 3 weeks in march and could not get out. June thru Oct best time for less wind, but it gets hot.

LONELY PLANET SAYS TOURIST LOVE OUR ART. BEST PRICES ON ART.
Mark if you want to chat fishing we can talk reef fishing ,as that is all I do you can call me at my work number.1 800 231 7447 .ask for capt jeff I try to fish there once a month..

Living The Dream Every Day!
M
M
captjeff, where ya been. I've been missing your trip reports. 34 days and I don't know if the fish are biting. Hope all is well. keith

April report is in the works , look in a day or two .tight lines to you and good fishing ...

Living The Dream Every Day!
B
B
Bamaman, Just got back wed.fished a littel on the reef and it was slow, but depends on wind moon and all the other stuff. i have never had a bad experince fishing there. we also went fishing on the back side and caught enough snapper to have a feast for 9 diners, also we hit some unbelivable barracuda action. June the is a prime Tarpon month. call or visit Steve at //ambergriscaye.com/fishingsanpedro/ he will set you up with very good guides that will put you on fish. relax and enjoy

E
E
HAY BUDA!!! I heard all about your "fishing".

S
S
We are not traveling until September so I haven't really been researching who we will go fishing with (1st timers), but after spending the last hour reading about Captain Bicho and Fishing San Pedro, there is no doubt in my mind who we'll be spending our day with BBQ'n our fish. I cannot thank you enough Budah, for the link to their site.

Reef fishing is very productive I've been out with lots of San Pedro fishing guides over the last twenty years. They all seem to use a technique to produce and entertain. They start the day going for the fast and easy snapper to insure some action and secure lunch, most have a snapper hole of their own they take you to first.
then they go for the harder to catch less frequent bites like Grouper and Barracuda while trolling in and around the cuts (Cuts are natural breaks in the reef that the tidal currents go in and out of like a break in the dam)Cooking lunch on the Beach for you is an Art form for most of the Guides. fresh fish with vegetables cooked over a fire made with coconut husks on some remote beach is dreamy. The guides use sardines for bait that they catch near shore with a casting net.Another art form ,if your lucky the guide wont get the bait before he picks you up and you'll see some masterful work with a net.

White Sands Dive Shop
https://whitesandsdiveshop.com/
Page 1 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard
March
S M T W T F S
1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 270 guests, and 0 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums44
Topics79,199
Posts500,011
Members20,460
Most Online7,413
Nov 7th, 2021

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.