Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 3 of 3 1 2 3
R
R
This is a link to the impact analysis for the large development that is proposed at Bacalar Chico. Find it under the very descriptive heading of ABR EIA.

http://www.mnrei.gov.bz/

Its a great report and professionally done. It explains a Bull in the China Shop will have respect, its proposing to Central Government to have a huge impact on our Island with out consent from San Pedro and legally will get it done due to current Government structure.
One large problem I have with the justification of Dredging is illustrated in this report. It explains that the dredging type and technique will be of a non silting nature( silting destroys coral and for sure you don't want to perceived as doing that) and disregards that the fact that dredging is destroying the turtle grass seabed that is an intricate part of the reef. In other words they say don't worry their won't be messy blood as we remove your reproductive organs. I'll spare you the long diatribe of how the turtle grass beds are the nursery of the reef and its fish. This non silting Dredging machine logic is how the new Dredging permits got passed environmental concerns.

White Sands Dive Shop
https://whitesandsdiveshop.com/
Got the Front Page but none of the files would download.

I'll be happy to discuss my avatar with anyone who knows what it is.
R
R
They are fairly big files. 2 mg+

This resort report says it will have 289 Belizean workers.
They must hold an economic secret the rest of the resorts in Belize do not have. do you think they might be trying to mislead us into believing it will create a lot of jobs for locals.

White Sands Dive Shop
https://whitesandsdiveshop.com/
R
R

There are also references to a "spontaneous community" but no plans to deal with the practical implications that kind of a community would present.

Last edited by RI Beth; 04/23/07 01:11 PM.
Page 3 of 3 1 2 3

Link Copied to Clipboard
March
S M T W T F S
1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 295 guests, and 0 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums44
Topics79,199
Posts500,011
Members20,460
Most Online7,413
Nov 7th, 2021

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.