Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3
#235907 04/20/07 11:53 AM
Marty Offline OP
OP Offline
I am getting a number of complaints about the tone of the board. The recent Holy Cross thread and one on crocs are examples recently where people get mean and start trying to boss each other around.

PLEASE READ THIS

http://radar.oreilly.com/archives/2007/03/call_for_a_blog_1.html

and take note of it.

We are not children. we are acting like we are. grow up folks and get along. its not all that difficult.

we have a few jerks on here. BE NICE. if thats too much for you i will begin more frequent suspensions of posting rights. i just woke up and spent my first hour on complaints about the board. fun start to the day. i feel totally like a babysitter. are we all babies?

COOL THE INSULTS. COOL THE PERSONAL attacks and quit telling everyone how to live and think. we ain't going to change each others minds. its fine to say how you feel. thats you, one person. no reason to expect the rest of the world to fall in behind you and agree with every utterance.

state your opinion and PLEASE allow room in your thoughts for other opinions.

Word of the day "Cyber-Bullies" cool

Thanks Marty. I promise to do my best. There are places to confront each other directly when it gets personal and clearing the air doesn't have to be airing dirty laundry. Like an email or private message. This issue has tested me personally and I'll admit I may have crossed that line too. If not I'm sure I rode the edge of it. For the most part I have met many fine people through this site and I want to thank you for that too. Most of us do agree on one thing, and that is we love "Isla Bonita" and passionately care about it's future. As do you I am sure. I look forward to meeting you, perhaps again, knowing now who you are and shaking your hand.

Writer claims no authority, worthwhile knowledge of any kind, and didn't make love to that woman.
Or Offline
Thank you Mary!........... That is one of the reasons I became a reader and not a writer on the board. Too many people hide behind the writing words and say the first thing that comes to their mind, things that they would never say to someone's face.

The board is not a license for insults.

Thanks for setting the right tone.

ditto. There's a difference between debate and ridicule. Hope I've never crossed that line. Thanks for all you do Marty.

I will have a Belikin -- put it on klcman's tab.
I
I
I agree we should keep the mean spirit attacks or defense against said attacks to the domain of the local papers or face to face. I will be at my office between 1100 am and 100pm for anyone wants chat. Lets keep this board free of all contoversy.

This is the "Isla Bonita" lets keep it clean. Sorry if I broke any rules.

With that "Isla Bonita" spirit in mind there will be a Holy Cross School workathon scheduled next week on Wednesday between 300pm and 600pm. All welcome. Bring garbage bags.

Next week or this week?

Writer claims no authority, worthwhile knowledge of any kind, and didn't make love to that woman.
This week wed April 25 for clean up 3 pm

San Pedro based Belize Blog since 2007 - great travel resources & discounts https://tacogirl.com/

It's about time...........

Life is short, Break the rules, Forgive quickly, Kiss slowly, Love Truly, Laugh uncontrollably.
Or Offline
Controversy is one thing and mud slinging is a whole other����.

Now, if I ran into Peter around town and he said to me
"Hi Orly how about this great weather?"
I would really think he was coming down with something��. (smile)

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3

Link Copied to Clipboard
March
S M T W T F S
1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 290 guests, and 0 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums44
Topics79,199
Posts500,011
Members20,460
Most Online7,413
Nov 7th, 2021

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.