Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
Marty Offline OP
OP Offline
They may be bogged down in a war in Iraq and an increasingly dangerous situation in Afghanistan but that has not stopped the United States military from carrying out its humanitarian commitments in other parts of the world ... like Belize

In three months, Belize Defence Force Soldiers and United States military service men and women will construct four, two-classroom school buildings in the villages of Crooked Tree, Hattieville, Carmelita, and Trail Farm.

The total construction is estimated to cost three hundred and sixty thousand U.S. dollars, all paid for by Uncle Sam.

B
B
I met some of the soldiers on their way in last week. Great job guys!

Always lurking, never commenting BUT did I just read a POSITIVE comment concerning Uncle Sam? Did I,huh, did I?

WOW!!!!!

Hope springs eternal.

and the guys and gals that do this, in addition to feeling great about doing somthing good...... get one of the prettiest ribbons (it's my favorite) to go on their uniforms and a medal to boot.

Norm loved doing Humanitarian missions.

Ali

looking for special place to retire.
40 years breeding Multiple Best In Show Old English Sheepdogs
OES, is Norm military or a contractor? Never did figure this one out.

Been there, done that, the washing machine ate the T-shirt
He was USMC for 15 years. Got out, due to draw downs....., hated it. Was contacted to go back as a civilian to work in his same mos on a Marine Base, supporting the Marines.......

He loves his job. I hate him being gone. At least, he is 'restricted' to where he lives and works on his base and not allowed off base. I dont worry as much. (read AS MUCH). But it get's long and lonely in between times he get's his R&R.

So long as he is happy, I won't complain. At least i know where he is! I didn't know when he would be gone 6 months and then home 6 while in the MC. Just would hear from him when i did.

looking for special place to retire.
40 years breeding Multiple Best In Show Old English Sheepdogs
Marty, is there any indication yet what kids will attend these schools, "primary, secondary?,, and who will teach at them and will they be funded through tuitions or free?? Etc,, etc??

I'll be happy to discuss my avatar with anyone who knows what it is.
I'll withdraw the questions because they were just too tough for any of the 331 who read them to have an answer for any of them. Could have fooled me !!! And, for those who are still looking for it, I have found the factory that makes the rose colored glasses.

S
S
Don, you're expecting someone else to research this for you. Why not do the research yourself? You should have a better idea of what exactly you're looking for.

Funny you should suggest that Jesse. The detail that was in the original post kinda lead me to feel that a little more information was probably available just for the asking. And who better to ask about the schools in Belize that "the locals". However after 331 visitors read my questions and none responded I have done as you have suggested. Doing so provides results and shields me from non-contributing snipers.

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard
March
S M T W T F S
1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 323 guests, and 0 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums44
Topics79,199
Posts500,011
Members20,460
Most Online7,413
Nov 7th, 2021

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.