Print Thread
Page 3 of 3 1 2 3
Re: Royal Palms Resort [Re: mtbz] #233017
03/21/07 01:02 PM
03/21/07 01:02 PM
New Jersey/sanpedro
captjeff Offline
captjeff  Offline
MTBZ, your on the money you said it right... I live at royal palm,I think the place is nice not perfect but very nice. ..And at present ,we have a couple overzelous ,owners tring to be bosses, and big shots and who have there own personal vendetta againist some tenants ..but this will stop.There is a home owners meeting april 14 ,and that has to stop as no body will put up or wants to live with that silliness.This is a wondeful place to live it has,great potential,nice clean grounds we are building a snorkel area ,by our pier, I have personally donated new stairs to enter the water to see the fish ,,,kids love it..We have fun around the pool and all get along .Skyking I think you are just tring to cause controversy .Why I do not know ???e mail me in private who you are and your Agenda and what are you trying to accomplish..If you are for real??? lets all live the dream in peace there is enough crap in the world .!!!!!

Last edited by captjeff; 03/21/07 01:26 PM.

Living The Dream Every Day!
Re: Royal Palms Resort [Re: captjeff] #233092
03/22/07 08:37 AM
03/22/07 08:37 AM
M
mtbz Offline
mtbz  Offline
M
Thanks Captain Jeff. I forgot to mention the underwater reef that was built under the pier(& is still being added to). This is the cool type of stuff the RP has that most others don't. People can use this with their kids & have lots of fun for free in safe shallow water where you can watch them snorkel from a nice chair on the beach. Next time I'm down I'd like to help work on that reef to help give us the best snorkel area that's right at the resort possible. What types of fish/animals are there now?

Re: Royal Palms Resort [Re: mtbz] #233100
03/22/07 09:44 AM
03/22/07 09:44 AM
New Jersey/sanpedro
captjeff Offline
captjeff  Offline
MTZB ,last trip there was a 15 foot bull shark living there ,no shark only kidding, !!!!!! there are snapper ,small groupper ,schools of grunts,small moray eels , small cuda , [lobster do not eat them they are family ] crabs, beautiful tropical fish .the more stuff we put down, cinder block ,old concreate railings , the more fish like to hang out and call this place home .Nice people who love life can snorkel here in peace .We stop no one to swim over to the snorkel area at the end of the dock.A nice place to live the dream and enjoy..

Last edited by captjeff; 03/22/07 09:46 AM.

Living The Dream Every Day!
Re: Royal Palms Resort [Re: captjeff] #233173
03/22/07 04:09 PM
03/22/07 04:09 PM
san pedro, Belize
collyk Offline
collyk  Offline
Wow, the RPV certainly gets people talking if nothing else. It is true that the centre of the place is looking much better. There are nice cushions on the deck chairs, the chairs on the beach have been painted and there are cushions on those too. The lovely maintenance men who we really like are working closely with the head of the Executive Committee and are sorting out a lot of important issues such as electric wiring and tiling. I have to give the man some credit as he has been out in the sun on most days helping the maintenance crew in the sun and working hard. I'd love to see other members of the Executive Community contributing so much of their time, or as in the case of Capt Jeff, their money. It shows that they care about the community.

I would correct the poster mbtz, who said that the bushes had been cut back to promote blooming. Actually, that is not the case. Those bushes were blooming. The new gardeners thought that they were to be removed and cut them back to stalks to pull them up. They were saved at the very last moment and are very slowly starting to grow back. As for the gardening, it is all being done in the centre, but the area where we live is sorely neglected. We and our neighbours cut the hedges ourselves and water the lawn to keep it from dying. This is a bit irritating given that we pay the same fees as everyone else.

The usual suspects continue to cause trouble. Fortunately, we are on the end of it ourselves less often, but I know that they are still up to their old tricks. Stupidly, someone gave one of these people a job on the EC and that is when things went really bad. I have a magnet on my fridge that says 'Give a woman an inch and she thinks she's a ruler', which applies perfectly in this particular case. There is an annual general meeting soon and several little birdies inform me that there are going to be some major changes. We've had some lovely new owner occupiers move in here recently and I think that this will have a big influence on how things go at Royal Palms. The place has so much potential.

www.conchcreative.com
Belize Wedding Photography

Re: Royal Palms Resort [Re: collyk] #233404
03/24/07 07:12 PM
03/24/07 07:12 PM
San Pedro
JohnnyB Offline
JohnnyB  Offline
Sorry MTBZ, but when some one comes in on the middle of a very long dispute, with there first post and agrees with some one like Iammissing, of who obviously is a friend of the ladies that we speak of. You may get the flack end of things.
Now that I see that you are not taking that stand, welcome.
I have been working on the reef and other things with Colly and friends for a while, we just have taken a lot of grief and flack from so called management for our troubles, while at the same time paying high condo dues.

"You look like SNOOPY and it makes me smile, but you have smelly dog farts."
Re: Royal Palms Resort [Re: JohnnyB] #233604
03/27/07 01:13 PM
03/27/07 01:13 PM
M
mtbz Offline
mtbz  Offline
M
Hi JohnnyB, I just learned of the site but I do agree with most of what immissing & capt. jeff had to say. My goal will be to be friendly to everyone down there including the owners & renters. If someone doesn't want to be friendly back then usually if you're friendly long enough they feel foolish. I look forward to working on the reef & other stuff with everyone.

Re: Royal Palms Resort [Re: mtbz] #233619
03/27/07 05:55 PM
03/27/07 05:55 PM
Chicago
S
SeeShell Offline
SeeShell  Offline
S
I stayed at Royal Palms about 3 years ago and I would NOT stay there ever again. It was boring and icky. There was absolutely no one there (vacationers) the pool was empty. And that would be okay but there was also ZERO SHADE and so I could not stay out there long. Yes its a nice pool. The condo we rented was okay but over priced. The residents above us would wake up every morning at maybe 5 a.m. and puke his guts out and be very loud about it -- and then move furniture??? TOO WEIRD. I did not have a good experience there. I have been back to AC every year since and stayed at Banana Beach. And I walked past there every a.m. last week and the pool was empty (again) and it did look in disrepair. I would not recommend Royal Palms to anyone. (sorry)

Re: Royal Palms Resort [Re: SeeShell] #233732
03/28/07 06:25 PM
03/28/07 06:25 PM
M
mtbz Offline
mtbz  Offline
M
Sorry to hear about that bad experience you had. This isn't the same complex as it was even last year. 10's of thousands in capital improvements have been don in the last 6 months alone. Sine it's on over 5 acres it isn't crowded like Banana Beach & a lot of people like that. As for wierdos puking they now have security guards that would crack down on that. Take Care

Re: Royal Palms Resort [Re: mtbz] #236275
04/25/07 02:48 PM
04/25/07 02:48 PM
M
mtbz Offline
mtbz  Offline
M
Hi, I was just down there & the place looks great. I brought 5 different people from Banana Beach over & they ALL thought that Royal Palm was much nicer. A couple even said there was no comparison, 120' beach with no dock to 7-800' beach with a dock, 2 pools that are smaller in total than RP's pool, no open space to lots of beautifully landscaped open space, larger units with ocean views, etc... So, next time your back try RP again.

Re: Royal Palms Resort [Re: mtbz] #236329
04/26/07 09:27 AM
04/26/07 09:27 AM
K
KVarner Offline
KVarner  Offline
K
I looked at a condo at Royal Palms and thought it was too small, but I really liked the place in general. There are bigger condos, and I'm rather seriously thinking of buying a place there (though there are other places I'm also interested). I hear, though, that there are a few jackasses in the condo association who cause problems there. I think the pool and beach are both really beautiful.

Crocs are BAAAAAAAAAAAD
Page 3 of 3 1 2 3

Links
Portofino Resort- Now with a new BEACH BAR!!
Click for excellent scuba lessons with Elbert Greer!
Chaa Creek is an award-winning luxury Belize Resort, rated as one of the worlds best Eco Lodges. We are a pioneer in adventure travel to Belize since 1981!
Maruba Beach Klub and Spa is the premiere Secret Beach spa and restaurant located on the crystal blue waters of the Caribbean Sea at the center of Secret Beach, Belize
First Class Accommodations for the Budget Traveler
First Class Accommodations for the Budget Traveler

Things to do

News
Daily News
Daily Weather

Classified Ads
BelizeNews.com
San Pedro Sun
Ambergris Today
SP Town Council
Channel 7
Channel 5
Amandala
ReefTV
Love FM
The Reporter
PLUS TV
TV Newscasts
Radio Stations

Click for our
Search thousands of Belizean-only websites
To Get Your Questions Answered

Event Guides
Event Calendar
Specials & Events
Things to Do
SanPedroScoop
iTravel Belize
Paradise Theater
San Pedro Fun Finder
Paradise Guy Event Calendar
Cayo Event Calendar

Blogs
San Pedro Scoop!
Tia Chocolate
Tacogirl
My Beautiful Belize
I-Travel Belize
Belize Adventure
Belize Hub
Romantic Travel
Belize Happy Adventures
Conch Creative
Caribbean Culture & Lifestyle
More Blogs...
Search thousands of Belizean-only websites
White Sands Dive Shop - 5 Star PADI Dive Facility - Daily diving, SCUBA instruction and Snorkeling
Caribbean Inspired All Natural Condiments & Spice Blends, Over 100 are Gluten Free!
We manage a variety of homes, apartments, condos and commercial properties here on Ambergris Caye. Our minimum lease on ALL properties is six months.
Click for Ian Anderson's Caves Branch, Welcome to a World of Adventure
Lil Alphonse has snorkel equipment to fit anyone as well as Marine Park Tickets and flotation devices to assist those not as experienced.
Coastal Xpress offers a daily scheduled ferry run to most resorts, restaurants and private piers on the island of Anbergris Caye. We also offer  private and charter water taxi service.
July
S M T W T F S
1 2 3
4 5 6 7 8 9 10
11 12 13 14 15 16 17
18 19 20 21 22 23 24
25 26 27 28 29 30 31
Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
ShoutChat Box
Who's Online Now
0 registered members (), 175 guests, and 0 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums44
Topics74,895
Posts489,545
Members19,924
Most Online5,530
Jun 13th, 2021

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.