http://scubalessonsbelize.blogspot.com/
Re: The New Utopia - our future neighbors to the e [Re: elbert] #236564
04/28/07 01:33 PM
04/28/07 01:33 PM
A
AlexB Offline OP
AlexB  Offline OP
A
Elbert and Jesse: Please read everything that I posted in the first thread. If you had, you would understand that the ground upon which the foundation pilings will be placed is only 9 feet to a maximum of 60 feet underwater. You came up with 500 feet because you did not read everything in the first post.

Prince Lazarus would rather have you make your posts in the forum located on the New Utopia web site. So if you want an answer to your questions you need to go there. Here is what he said:

His Excellency Prince Lazarus said to me:

"I am very familiar with Ambergris, have been there many times, it is lovely. Having said that I am not one for forums and chit chat back and forth, blogs, or messaging etc. I appreciate everyone's interest, but would prefer that they address questions and comments to our new web site www.newutopia.org which has a venue for this type of thing.

I hope this finds you well and prosperous in all that you do. We will begin construction this year.

With warm regards,
Prince Lazarus"

Those who forget the past are condemned to repeat it

Re: The New Utopia - our future neighbors to the e [Re: AlexB] #236565
04/28/07 01:38 PM
04/28/07 01:38 PM
San Pedro Belize
elbert Offline
elbert  Offline
He's right I downloaded the planting of the flag video, the diver planting the flag is breathing Nitrox and some surge is apparent from the sea fans waving these two clues tell me its less than 100 feet deep where the flag was planted. I could be totally wrong on this investment opportunity.

White Sands Dive Shops Daily Blog
Re: The New Utopia - our future neighbors to the e [Re: AlexB] #236566
04/28/07 01:41 PM
04/28/07 01:41 PM
Georgia Islands, USA
bushdoctor Offline
bushdoctor  Offline
This may be of interest

Scamdog
Original Scamdog link

Background:

New Utopia is the name of a proposed city state to be built on the Misteriosa Banks, approximately 120 miles west of Grand Cayman in the Carribean. In this area, there are submerged mountain tops between 4 and 20 meters below the ocean's surface. Building in this area would not be especially difficult. If the area were free of State claims, a new city/country could be built there.

This plan was put together by an American man by the name of Lazarus Long. (A name he took from Robert Heinlein's fictional hero.) Mr. Long's original name was Howard Turney. Mr. Long, originally from Oklahoma, says he found out about the Misteriosa Banks accidentally while pursuing a business deal in Grand Cayman. He shortly thereafter came up with the idea of building a new country there. (The idea of starting a new country has drawn a great number of freedom-seeking people into its grasp.)

Mr. Long has set up his prospective new country as a Constitutional Principality, modeled after Monaco. He calls himself Prince, and his wife Princess. He has set up his son to succeed him as Prince.

Information sources:

ScamDog.com knows has had extensive correspondence and many conversations with Mr. Long, his wife, and others deeply involved with New Utopia (members of the New Utopia Board of Governors and others).

New Utopia web pages: http:www.new-utopia.com

The Facts:

According to a trusted associate, an extensive legal search done in 1999 found that the Misteriosa Banks belonged to the Cayman Islands. (ScamDog.com is working to secure a copy of this report.) Mr. Long was well-informed of this, and chooses to ignore it.

Mr. Long has exhibited a pattern of informing his associates (and the public) of all positive results, while minimizing, ignoring or explaining away every negative result or evidence. He has left his associates hanging in the open more than once.

Opinion:

The idea of building a new city in a place like the Misteriosa Banks is a good one. This type of project that could be done, and perhaps should be done. Lazarus deserves credit for coming up with this idea. He is not, alas, the right person to get it built.

Some reasons:

Under his original name Howard Turney, Lazarus was involved in a number of questionable investment offerings. There have been very many of them, and many of them turned out badly. As of late 1999, Lazarus/Howard was being sued by at least three people in Houston. (ScamDog.com possesses copies of the court filings.) He was further being investigated by the FBI in the US. A number of people are very angry with him. They insist that he swindled them. According to the court papers, Mr. Long's health is not good.

Howard Turney (Lazarus) was the subject of an unflattering article in the Wall Street Journal several years ago. (ScamDog.com possesses copies.)

New Utopia was investigated and shut down by the US Security Exchange Commission in 1998, for selling bonds not in accordance with SEC rules. Lazarus ultimately settled with them (we are unaware of the terms), but in the process, he turned over the names of all his investors to the US Government. This was done without their consent, and with no warning.

Lazarus cannot do what he is telling people he can. He does or should know this. Lazarus wanted the right things, but in his haste, he played 'fast and loose', and has left a trail of disasters behind him. He withholds information when it is unflattering to him. People involved with him are quite likely to be publicly embarrassed, without warning.

This project, which seemed viable in 1998, has steadily degenerated. There can be no more claim of ignorance ("we thought we could build there"), and the rhetoric coming from New Utopia emails is sounding more and more like an open-faced scam. Even the architect who drew up the plans says he hasn't been paid; yet Lazarus continues talking about construction beginning very soon. In early 2001, an urgent plea for more money was made.

Finally: The "Prince" thing is just too weird.

ScamDog.com says "Stay Away"!

There seems to be a different attitude that exists toward Mr.Turney aka "Prince Lazarus"

I was out of town when it happen
Re: The New Utopia - our future neighbors to the e [Re: bushdoctor] #236567
04/28/07 01:48 PM
04/28/07 01:48 PM
S
SP Daily Offline
SP Daily  Offline
S
Of Dear! Who ya gonna believe? A scammer dog or a prince???

Re: The New Utopia - our future neighbors to the e [Re: SP Daily] #236568
04/28/07 01:59 PM
04/28/07 01:59 PM
San Pedro Belize
elbert Offline
elbert  Offline

His Excellency Prince Lazarus has a Frequently Asked Questions area on the site and the first question posted there Asks, " Is this a Scam?" and the answer said 'NO'. That should be good enough information for a suspicious investor.

Re: The New Utopia - our future neighbors to the e [Re: elbert] #236569
04/28/07 02:00 PM
04/28/07 02:00 PM
S
SP Daily Offline
SP Daily  Offline
S
Absolutely! I'm writing a check now.

Re: The New Utopia - our future neighbors to the e [Re: SP Daily] #236571
04/28/07 02:09 PM
04/28/07 02:09 PM
San Pedro Belize
elbert Offline
elbert  Offline
Alex ,

You've got a hard sell here Pal. I've enjoyed the afternoon but have to go now .
Good luck
PS If his Excellency offers you any Kool Aid don't drink it.

Re: The New Utopia - our future neighbors to the e [Re: elbert] #236572
04/28/07 02:10 PM
04/28/07 02:10 PM
S
SP Daily Offline
SP Daily  Offline
S
You're gonna be sorry that you missed out on this fine investment...especially considering that the membership fee has been reduced from one million to only US$10,000. What a deal!!!

Re: The New Utopia - our future neighbors to the e [Re: SP Daily] #236574
04/28/07 02:39 PM
04/28/07 02:39 PM
San Pedro Town
TrueLover Offline
TrueLover  Offline
If I actually thought this was a serious venture I'd talk about my Structural Reef Technology. Perhaps instead my lucky rocks as fill? You are cracking me up Elbert. I can see it now. Glub glub..... smile

Writer claims no authority, worthwhile knowledge of any kind, and didn't make love to that woman.
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3

Links
Portofino Resort- Now with a new BEACH BAR!!
Click for excellent scuba lessons with Elbert Greer!
Chaa Creek is an award-winning luxury Belize Resort, rated as one of the worlds best Eco Lodges. We are a pioneer in adventure travel to Belize since 1981!
Maruba Beach Klub and Spa is the premiere Secret Beach spa and restaurant located on the crystal blue waters of the Caribbean Sea at the center of Secret Beach, Belize
First Class Accommodations for the Budget Traveler
First Class Accommodations for the Budget Traveler

Things to do

News
Daily News
Daily Weather

Classified Ads
BelizeNews.com
San Pedro Sun
Ambergris Today
SP Town Council
Channel 7
Channel 5
Amandala
ReefTV
Love FM
The Reporter
PLUS TV
TV Newscasts
Radio Stations

Click for our
Search thousands of Belizean-only websites

Event Guides
Event Calendar
Specials & Events
Things to Do
SanPedroScoop
iTravel Belize
Paradise Theater
San Pedro Fun Finder
Paradise Guy Event Calendar
Cayo Event Calendar

Blogs
San Pedro Scoop!
Tia Chocolate
Tacogirl
My Beautiful Belize
I-Travel Belize
Belize Adventure
Belize Hub
Romantic Travel
Belize Happy Adventures
Conch Creative
Caribbean Culture & Lifestyle
More Blogs...
Search thousands of Belizean-only websites
White Sands Dive Shop - 5 Star PADI Dive Facility - Daily diving, SCUBA instruction and Snorkeling
Caribbean Inspired All Natural Condiments & Spice Blends, Over 100 are Gluten Free!
We manage a variety of homes, apartments, condos and commercial properties here on Ambergris Caye. Our minimum lease on ALL properties is six months.
Click for Ian Anderson's Caves Branch, Welcome to a World of Adventure
Lil Alphonse has snorkel equipment to fit anyone as well as Marine Park Tickets and flotation devices to assist those not as experienced.
Coastal Xpress offers a daily scheduled ferry run to most resorts, restaurants and private piers on the island of Anbergris Caye. We also offer  private and charter water taxi service.
March
S M T W T F S
1 2 3 4 5 6
7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 27
28 29 30 31
Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
ShoutChat Box
Who's Online Now
1 registered members (bobcat bill), 197 guests, and 0 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums44
Topics73,677
Posts486,542
Members19,811
Most Online4,377
Dec 15th, 2020

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.