Next Thread
Print Thread
#236579 04/28/07 09:16 PM
S
Sea Dog Offline OP
OP Offline
S
Newbie here!

I'm thinking seriously about moving to Belize and have read a lot about it. My intent is to do a lot of sailing and diving.

The earlier posts on this board indicate that living on AC is more expensive than anywhere else in Belize but that those who live there think it is worth it.

As you can tell from my display name, I'm a water/sea lover and will probably spend about 40% of my time in or on the water.

Given that the island will provide an excellent base to dive from and tie up a sailboat at, I'd like to know what other things make YOU like it better than the mainland?

Let 'er rip!

Ken

The best thing about the island vs. the mainland is the scenic view of the sea. It's understood that the access to the reef and Cayes
is the major draw.
San Pedro is bristling with things to see and, Restaurants and Bars
are plentiful and grouped over a relatively small area.The resort atmosphere is everywhere although laid back in its daily routine.
The mainland Towns/ Villages are much like the small Texas/Louisiana coastal towns, lots of distance between them and sparsely populated, with the exception of Belize City and a very few others.
If i were to move to Belize it would be San Pedro or Caye Caulker
in spite of the expense.

C
C
Caye Caulker is just 20 minutes away , less expensive. On the mainland check out Placencia Penninsula, Big boat community, access to alot of cool places, from their you can access the reef, The Bay Islands Honduras, Rio Dulce.Tobacco Caye, Glovers etc. In my mind you cant beat the Cayes.

LONELY PLANET SAYS TOURIST LOVE OUR ART. BEST PRICES ON ART.
Placencia...cheaper and close to great diving.

In comparison to Caye Caulker and/or Ambergris Caye, Placencia is not close to great diving. The reef is 19 or so miles away, compared to the reef breaking just off shore at Amergris.

A fish and a bird can fall in love, but where will they build their nest?

There are still some deals around on Ambergris Caye depending on what size boat you're into. Some lagoon side lots have canals with docks too. I'm a big fan of San Pedro but who knows in the future Turneffe maybe if things aren't too expensive. gas, food, electric, Internet, water. I imagine it won't be too bad. Costs the same to build here on an Island as it does in most places in the US about. Rather be here. smile

Writer claims no authority, worthwhile knowledge of any kind, and didn't make love to that woman.

Link Copied to Clipboard
March
S M T W T F S
1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 312 guests, and 0 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums44
Topics79,199
Posts500,011
Members20,460
Most Online7,413
Nov 7th, 2021

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.