Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
#23662 07/18/00 10:18 PM
H
OP Offline
H
Anyone been to Belize Yacht Club? It's my first time to A/C. Hows the beach? Do they have a bar on the beach?

[This message has been edited by Chris (edited 07-24-2000).]

#23663 07/19/00 02:53 AM
Haven't stayed there but have visited many times. Nice property and pool. Very little beach, if any, as the property is within a few feet of the seawall and marina dock.

There is a very nice bar just inside the main entrance. Also a sports bar and rooftop bar in the Coral Sands Conference Center building adjacent to the hotel.

Take a look at their site. www.belizeyachtclub.com

**Jim

[This message has been edited by Sandcrab (edited 07-19-2000).]

**Jim
#23664 07/19/00 10:49 AM
C
C
We stayed at BYC in June '00. The rooms are beautiful, very friendly staff, and it's close to town without being in town. They have a nice pool from which you can see the water and the dock. There is a small bar that closes at 10PM. The restaurant is OK, better food can be found elsewhere.

#23665 07/20/00 10:31 AM
I really don't want to be negative....and I try never to say anything derogatory about any resort unless they really are just bad.
BYC is nice.....but I think the nicest thing about them is their image.
For some I guess it's their cup of tea....not for me. If I wanted to experience the best of Ambergris Caye...i.e., beaches, food, diving, excursions, good prices, great accommodations, great staff, etc,etc......
BYC wouldn't be my first choice.
I think Lan and Marty both have very good info on which resorts offer the most and which have the most for your money.

I think the trick to having a really good vacation here is to get good affordable accommodations.......and leave most of your funds for activities and eating out. That's the happy medium. When all is said and done, you won't be spending that much time in your room anyway....at least not if your out there having fun!....LOL [Linked Image]

Visit BELIZE WORLD! http://www.geocities.com/sanshakr.geo

#23666 07/20/00 10:53 AM
Sandshaker...
Agreed. It wouldn't be anywhere near the top of my list. And your list of priorities is just about right. You did leave out having a few dollars left to pay Harmouch's extortion like prices for distllled adult beverages. Oh Lord, for the good old days of the duty free shop.

#23667 07/20/00 12:15 PM
LOL @ CHOOCHOO [Linked Image]
Ain't it the truth!!!!
I swear one day I'm gonna be rich enough to open a Belizean Walmarts....LOL...then they better LOOK OUT! [Linked Image]

#23668 07/20/00 12:26 PM
C
C
Sandshaker,
You are absolutely right! Althoug BYC was very nice, it would not have been our first choice for accomodations in San Pedro. It was simply the only RCI property that we could trade for at the time. If you would hurry up and get BJ built we wouldn't have that problem!! LOL

#23669 07/20/00 03:36 PM
LOL....yea....I know. There are a lot of RCI members just biting at the bit for us to get it finished......they can't wait to vacation here in Belize. Believe me.....we are working as hard as we can....it's no small feat though getting something this size built and built good!
Belize is a little slower at construction and getting supplies up to that area is a little tricky and time consuming.
We are working on it though and I'm pushing all the way! [Linked Image]
Stay tuned for more developements!

#23670 07/22/00 07:43 AM
H
OP Offline
H
Sandshaker,
Thanks for your honesty. The Belize Yacht Club probably wouldn't be my first choice either but we couldn't find any other accomodations that looked decent (according to the travel agent) for the week we are going. I was just hoping that based on the price we will have to pay, it was as nice as they say it is. But you are right in saying that we won't be spending much time in our room anyway. We will be out having more fun than the law allows hopefully!

My husband is getting certified for diving and we both want to doing some fishing so maybe when it gets closer to January we will contact you.

We are actually going for the Jerry Jeff Walker trip in January and we waited too long to book the trip and there weren't any rooms available at the Paradise Villas which is where we wanted to stay.

#23671 07/22/00 09:12 AM
J
J
Okay, one more to agree with Sandshaker. And in the same order!

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard
March
S M T W T F S
1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 351 guests, and 0 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums44
Topics79,199
Posts500,011
Members20,460
Most Online7,413
Nov 7th, 2021

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.