Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
OP Offline
I am taking my wife back to Belize for our second time at the end of May for our 10 year anniversary. I would like to have our best friends come down with our kids (2 girls - ages 5 and 6) AFTER we are already 2-3 days in to our vacation. This will be a total surprise for my wife. I have a few questions now that you have some background information:

1. Do my 2 children need a passport to travel to belize?
2. Will there be any issues with our best friends flying with our 2 children to belize?
3. Any other possible problem or issues you can see with this?

Thanks for your answers / feedback in advance!

1. Yes

2. Give the friends a notarized statement granting them legal responsibilty for the kids and permitting their out-of-country travel. Be very specific as to dates/countries/itinerary etc. This should cover any immigration/emmigration issues - has for me in the past, even post 9/11.

3. Double check with the airlines.

_ _ _ _ _ _ _________________ _ _ _ _ _ _
But then what do I know, I am but a mere caveman
J
J
Your kids will need passports. In addition, both parents need to be present to apply or you'll need something notarized that your wife agrees to this passport application. Google US passport,and it will spell it out.

So, unless you have another reason for your kids to get passports, this will be hard to pull off as a surprise.

Your friends should have notarized letters stating your permission to take your kids with them to Belize.

yup, what they say is so, i just did it.

both parents need to be present to get the passports, or one has to supply a letter giving the other permission to get it. they require their original birth certs (with raised seal) and photos at time of application. childrens' passports are only valid for 5 years. if you intend to do this, get on it soon! you will need to pay extra to super-expedite them.

you will also need a letter giving the non-custodial adult permission for the children to leave the country on the given dates.

so, as Jean said, it will be hard to make it a surprise.

we will be in BZ the same time as you, with our sons. good luck, and enjoy!

OP Offline
Any particular outline of what exactly needs to be in the notarized document giving authority to our best friends to travel to Belize with our children?

RMT Offline
I had to do this once in regards to the letter. State that you and your wife ( full names) are giving consent. So that you have it all covered, add the children's names, ages, dates of the trip, who ,what and where. Include your phone number where you can be reached and your address. Notarize it and you should be good to go. Good luck.

OP Offline
Thanks so much!

There is a big back up in getting passports lately so better get on it if you are going at the end of May. Will need to do one of the expedite options. Regular apps are taking over 6 weeks.

RMT Offline
My husband applied for his passport three weeks ago. Expedited it and was told a wait of 5 weeks. I was suprised but he received it to the day in exactly two weeks. Like Barb said though, don't take a chance and get moving!

I just checked on passports for a friend. The official website says it could take up to 10 weeks for regular submission (still only 2 weeks if you expedite), but the post office told them it could take 12 weeks!

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard
March
S M T W T F S
1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 327 guests, and 0 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums44
Topics79,199
Posts500,011
Members20,460
Most Online7,413
Nov 7th, 2021

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.