Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
#236941 05/02/07 11:32 PM
Denice Offline OP
OP Offline
Can anyone enlighten me as to why the airline rates to Belize are sooooo high?? I can fly to Cancun for $232...To London and Paris for a mere $457....Why? just Why? Does it cost me $630 to fly from Jacksonville Florida to BZE??? I just can't figure it! When you are flying with 4-6 people this makes a huge difference in the amount of money I could be spending in Belize!!! Is it the airlines just stiffing you guys or is it Belize that is tacking on taxes and fees that make us not want to go to Belize when we can take 3 people to Cancun for the same price??? Help me out in the rationale here?? I love Belize and want to spend all my vacation time there...but this May I am going to Disneyworld with a family of 4 for less than what just the airline tickets would have cost! What a shame...I lose and Belize loses too...because my money is being spent in the states this time...:(

The answer is the costs are offset by the Mexican Tourism. That's why they make it a hassle comming from Cancun to Belize. By offsetting the airline cost they get more tourism dollars on total. Makes little sense anyway even in the US. If a flights almost empty they will sell seats low to cover the expenses and not lose. If it's in demand it will never be discounted. I've found flights From LAX to Huston / Belize for 365.00 RT. Makes no sense. From Texas or Miami you will rarely find under 600.00. A friend just found one for 159.00 RT. from Texas. $$$$$$$$$ makes the world go round. Air Travel is one thing I wish was static. More people would travel more and the world would be a closer place.

Writer claims no authority, worthwhile knowledge of any kind, and didn't make love to that woman.
D
D
Well Belize does tack on the departure tax. I had tried to find out if AA included that in the ticket price, but never did get an answer. I found out on leaving that AA got in a little disagreement with Belize over the way it was collected, and told them to collect it themselves. It did cause a lot of problems for some that weren't prepared at the airport as it is only payable with US dollars. I was told later that Visa was OK as well. Now looking for flights to Cabo, MX. AA taxes and fees 100.and change. Alaska 70 and change same airports same dates go fiqure.
Like Denice said with 6 people it makes a difference.

Denice, I've been wondreing the same thing for years,cheapest ever from Oh. $555, this trip $732 x 4

J
J
If you can swing a couple extra days, fly to Cancun and take the bus. It's easy. We hire a transfer company (Belize Transfers) to take us across the border and on to the airstrip at Corozal. Cost for the transfer is about $US10.00 per person.

C
C
If you use Kayak.com and request to be notified when fares go under $400 RT, we fly SFO BZE, several times a year their are good fares $299 RT.

LONELY PLANET SAYS TOURIST LOVE OUR ART. BEST PRICES ON ART.
Continental includes the departure tax in their total fare.

I'm happier than a pig in s__t...a foot on the sand...and a Belikin in my hand!
another site to watch is site59.com last minute trips

right now i can fly from denver and get hotel for 360.00

looking for special place to retire.
40 years breeding Multiple Best In Show Old English Sheepdogs
Delta fares include all fees and taxes.

S
S
We used to pay $500 r/t back in the mid 80's. Prices haven't gone down, but at least they haven't gone up to much.

Who can remember Tan Sasha and Belize Customs at the previous Int'l Airport (Jet was there)? NO and then HOU were the only ports.

SIN

Check out my site: www.ambergriscayerealestate.net
Page 1 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard
March
S M T W T F S
1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 308 guests, and 0 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums44
Topics79,199
Posts500,011
Members20,460
Most Online7,413
Nov 7th, 2021

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.