Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
OP Offline
Well sanpedro fans , here is my quick April trip report�

Arrived April 8th, Easter Sunday. The sun shining, a slight breeze off the reef, a living the dream day! My buddy Steve met me with the golf cart, and big hugs, and a treat� travel queen was there at the airport to say hello as an added bonus.as she is a beautiful lady We chatted a while and then I sped off in my chariot to my Royal Palm condo the[ love shack] to settle in for a great ten days.

Monday, the weather was picture perfect. I invited some of my friends out on a sailing snorkel BBQ adventure, the first for me. We chose the Seaduced company and there 48 foot Catamaran, seduction they are one of the best on the island a world class tour company and with them it is all one way first class. Great staff .. They say you never get a second chance to make a good first impression. Well, the minute our group got to the dock we were met by there warm happy smiling faces� a good beginning. This is a big beautiful boat, clean and comfortable. We had room to spread out, shade group, sun group, all had room. The crew Elito , Sylvin and the boys did it all, never stopped smiling, and catered to our every whim. We sailed north to Mexico Rocks for our first snorkel stop. We enjoyed the sea life, always watching out for jelly fish that were around. After about an hour and a half in the water we were back on board to dry out, lay out, and pig out. The drinks, soda, water and beer were starting to go down smooth. The feed was on Snacks, nachos, banana chips, homemade salsa, pineapple and fresh fruit. Again all served by a top notch caring crew. The back BBQ was lit off and our BBQ feast was being cooked up, and what a feast it was! Big shrimp, fish, pasta salad, baked plantains, meat pies, soft tortilla, vegetables, coconut, rice, and so much more! A delicious lunch experience on the water, all cooked to perfection by Elito and Sylvin. We all had our fill and when we could eat no more, the homemade brownies and coconut cakes and more fruit were served� no mas, no mas, finito por favor! Please no more! Anyway, after naps by all, we made another snorkel stop. This time the fish were bigger and the water was deeper, a great snorkel experience. The day was just fabulous, great friends, great weather, great boat and crew. A must-do trip for anyone who loves good food, good service, and loves to snorkel first class. After about one more hour of wonderful snorkeling we set sail towards San Pedro. We got back about 4pm, a true San Pedro living the dream day! Lots of kudos to the SEAduced crew� yes, we got seduced by SEAduced!!!!!!! Next trip will do a repeat� I think it was the best value for the money. My highest rating, ten out of ten stars, it does not get any better. Reservations are a must. I booked this trip through Steve, my buddy, a nice guy at Coconets Internet Café. He sells tours and fishing trips as well as having a great Internet place and bar!!!!!!! Thank you SEAduced, you made me a fan.

Went fishing this week, all with Pete Graniel on the Reel Lady. He has a beautiful new boat, a 38-footer with twin 150's, stand up bath room, cover looks like a water taxi but a wide and fast fishing machine. We went to the lagoon side most of the week, fishing for snapper, and caught lots of lane snapper and mutton snapper. The winds made the outside reef not an option and I am not an offshore sailor. I need calm seas, no swells, big sissy boy. So this boat is a dream. It can reef fish 6-plus people in style with lots of room. Pete took us to his secret spots in 8-10 feet of water, and all produced some fish. No giants, but non-stop action. We fished with live sardines and once or twice a day a big cuda would invite itself to eat our biggest fish as we reeled the fish in. Why do they eat the biggest fish?? Pete says it because they are smart!!!! Pete knows his stuff, so when the wind blows you always have a place to catch fish. Not so with some non local guide wannabes they work cheap with small boats and terrible tackle ,go first class it is still dirt cheap compared to the states more than 60 % less a real deal!!!! . Book your trip in advance. All my fishing is booked with Steve, fishingsanpedro.com. He is the go-to guy for fishing guides. He brokers 7 seasoned locals that know all the local waters, and Steve takes charge cards for these guys!!!! A big bonus! On one trip we had a treat. A bunch of manatee swam by to say hello, about four plus a calf. They hung around eating sea grass and hanging out. It was a real treat to watch them frolic in the shallows� one for my living the dream diary.

This week had some great meals in my usual places. Did Blue Water Grill twice, great snook dish with habanero banana sauce, yum yum. A neat asian shrimp appetizer. Friends had a very nice pork dish and one had sushi. Great service and this is a fun evening. Tell Kelly the owner I said hello. and to give you a big hug.. Went back to Rojo Lounge again, my favorite restaurant on the island. Everything is good here, service, food, and ambiance. They do it all. Did try out the new Sunset Grill, mixed review here, some dishes good, others like the shrimp scampi needed real big shrimp, not the small ones. Pasta dishes were good. But I did have killer huge pineapple cheesecake for dessert, just wonderful!!! Service was just okay. They tried hard, but not trained yet. Need a little more time to work out their game plan??? But watching them feed the big tarpons was worth the price of admission. Will try again to revisit with another review as I have only heard good things about this place. So to be fair will go again. Did the Wild Mangoes thing, the best of lunches and dinners can be fond here. Elvi's again is the hot place to eat good food with all the gringos and tourists, yes, but food always good and sharp service. Not gourmet but good. And what the heck, I am a once a month gringo. Did some huge subs from Hungry Monkey in town. Want an overstuffed sub to take with you fishing or sailing or whatever, go to see John at Hungry Monkey in town next to Mickey's. Tell him Capt. Jeff sent you and to give you a free pickle. Only kidding, but big sandwiches almost like Brooklyn, plus bread is baked from Two Sisters bakery in town, made fresh each day. Very crunchy and soooooooooooo good� you will love it. Did a big El Divino cheeseburger again. Please be warned to not eat this alone, too big! Add fries and you got a meal for two plus, very good. El Divino at Banana Beach Resort also does a nice breakfast, great coffee, french toast, eggs and very good lunch /dinner with very sharp waiters and waitresses. Nice friendly team, a must-try place. Did my tackle box lunch like I always do .this a great place plus sits right on the water , meet up with Renski from the board and her honey we had a nice lunch and good chat!!!!! Cool fun couple.. had my breakfasts at lots of places like ruby's cheap, wonderful coffee and fresh hot buns, jacks cakes fruit juice. plus great local people hang out in the back patio and they love shoot the breeze ..and talk about the world ,fishing ,Sanpedro and all are welcome to join in !!!!�.on days not fishing blue water grill at sun breeze hotel nice view of reef. Eat the French toast ,just super. Again a class place., but on fishing days Estelle's on the beach, my favorite AM digs this is a very big meal I order delicious combo three egg ham /bacon / cheese omelet, home fried potatoes, two of the best fried jacks in the world they weigh a pound each?? Served with home made Mango jam .plus hot steaming coffee, a. Meal fit for a king. or if you dare the huge breakfast burrito, a foot long , very, very big two can split one. This not your healthy start breakfast! ! ! ! but this is a great place to start your day ,opens 6 am for you fisherman ,but the best part is watching the sun coming up over the reef it is a wonderful jump start on your adventure's in paradise .. The days went fast. Cooked a lot this week, well on some days??� filet snapper cooked every way, just fresh and delicious. Tried to eat healthy, but it's real tough with great dining in San Pedro. Life was good and weather was just wonderful, people are all friendly, Miss Belize she is running for the universe title a tall stunning beauty , she loves to hang with me,,[ It is good to be king ],see photo she was in town for a PR tour , we all wish her luck.!!!!!!! All in all .the time flew by and my wishes were fulfilled great fishing great friends great food fun times Just as the island promised!!!! Just waiting until my next trip down to my paradise,,,,,. Stay well and never stop living the dream�!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Me and the seduction crew and boys
[Linked Image]
Elito and Sylvan getting the BBQ cranked up for our BBQ lunch feast.
[Linked Image]
no waiting in line for snacks, this was a free for all
[Linked Image]
The crew gets ready to open up the barbeque buffet
[Linked Image]
a picture of the seduction catamaran
[Linked Image]
Capt. Pete's new boat - REEL LADY
[Linked Image]
Me and Miss Belize hanging out at the internet cafe
[Linked Image]
The manatee passing by to say HELLO
[Linked Image]

Last edited by captjeff; 05/03/07 10:13 AM.

Living The Dream Every Day!
Thanks Capt Jeff. Great report as usual.

Mr crb.

Thanks once again Capt. your reports are great.

I have Peter booked next thursday.Thanks to your recomendations.

I'll definately try some of the places you recommended to eat .

Never Use money to measure wealth
As usual, great report, Capt!

OP Offline
Thank you my love..We both feel the same way about this special place..

M
M
Thanx Captn Jeff,

Your reports have been very informative and entertaining. You have made it possible for me and the wife to hit the island running. We will be their on the 27 th at noon. Now all
I have to do is pick out our first lunch on the island location. Life is hard. keith

Wonderful trip report Capt Jeff. As always was nice to see you again. I am getting lots of use out of my Cruise Value bag.

San Pedro based Belize Blog since 2007 - great travel resources & discounts https://tacogirl.com/

OP Offline
Taco keep that a secret,or I will have to give every one a bag.

OP Offline
keith enjoy yourself,have fun .Watch the sun . Go live the dream every day.

Jeff,

Thanks for the day on the Seduction. Really great. I am just getting over the sunburn. I always tell people to be sure and wear a t-shirt, then I don't. Well I am living the dream medium well done.

I will email you another picture from the Seduction trip I know you will love.

[email protected] to book your fishing trips.
Page 1 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard
March
S M T W T F S
1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 320 guests, and 0 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums44
Topics79,199
Posts500,011
Members20,460
Most Online7,413
Nov 7th, 2021

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.