Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#23725 07/20/00 02:24 PM
Debbie Offline OP
OP Offline
This message is directed to Sandshaker but would appreciate any comments from others....Capt. Marty directed me to the Greenreef website a week or so ago. It is a local (Ambergris Caye) conservation group. I was SOOOO impressed with the site and what all they are trying to do. You and I had emailed eachother about how difficult it is for conservation groups to get funding for their projects, and the "red tape" involved. I had this weird idea. There are so many of us on the board who dearly LOVE AC and the rest of Belize on this forum. I know many are concerned with protecting the reef, and keeping it nice for the future.......If monetary donations would be caught up in red tape for their efforts, is there anything that would prevent them from posting a "wish list" for supplies they need? ie: lab equipment, nets, rope, camera, etc. etc. And then some of us from the forum that have San Pedro and AC deep in our hearts, help them when we can? I know one of our fishing guides down there was down to his last two favorite fishing lures. He could no longer find or get them. My husband offered to look here for him. He refused my husbands tip, and just told him to send him some lures. We found them with no trouble and mailed a huge box to him. We were HAPPY to do it, and I know there are good people on this board that would do the same thing for the reef. The cost was minimal. Little things add up and save $$$$$
What do you and others think? Possible? Legal? Do you know the folks at Greenreef? I know it's a very small organization, but the dedication is huge. Check out their website all of you. It even has GREAT information for divers, and stuff for kids.

#23726 07/20/00 03:01 PM
The Blessing are for the givers, and what the receivers does with the gift is up to them. I am a posiive person, giving a person tools of their trade, they will appreciate and care for the tools, and share them with others. This keeps the Love chain progressing into our future.

Dare To Deviate
#23727 07/20/00 03:25 PM
Good suggestion Debbie! I'm sure the folks at Green Reef would really appreciate some donations..as would any of the conservation groups here. You can never have enough resources.
Maybe you could email them since you and your hubby are familiar with the tools of their trade and see what items they are in need of. Then we can post a message here.
You never know who reads these postings....maybe someone that has those particular items on hand.

I agree Chloe.....if you give with the expectation of getting something in return, then that isn't true giving.
I find that quite the opposite is true when I have given things here. Most people treasure the things you give them here because they don't always have a lot, or can't get them. I can't speak for the few that don't take care of things....haven't met them yet.
I remember my grandmother always saying to me..."The Lord loveth a cheerful giver" So I try to follow that. [Linked Image]

Visit BELIZE WORLD! http://www.geocities.com/sanshakr.geo

#23728 07/20/00 04:24 PM
Debbie Offline OP
OP Offline
Sandshaker,
YES!!! That's what I had in mind. So many people read the board and may have those things on hand. Like someone who is into fishing and would like to give a cast net, or someone who's into science and works in a lab and has access to test tubes, water quality test kits, etc. or a photographer who has an old camera that he wouldn't mind donating so they can document their work. It's so glaringly obvious that so many people love Belize just by seeing all those that post to the board. I know my husbands conservation work is 100% dependent on donations, memberships, grants, endowments etc. It's non-profit. He gets all kinds of cool stuff besides just money.... I will email Green Reef and feel them out. Do you know any of them? Debbie

#23729 07/21/00 11:08 AM
No....sorry Debbie....I haven't had the pleasure of meeting them yet. Let me know what you find out.

Link Copied to Clipboard
March
S M T W T F S
1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 262 guests, and 0 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums44
Topics79,199
Posts500,011
Members20,460
Most Online7,413
Nov 7th, 2021

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.