Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#237317 05/07/07 12:37 PM
Marty Offline OP
OP Offline
The following was written by Nurse Natalie and I am simply posting it.

As far as I am able to understand and recollect, I believe the following is the result of a meeting John Gilmore and I had with Mayor Paz May 3, 2007.
1) Trailer at the bridge area for garbage.
Mayor Paz will communicate ASAP with the previous Deputy Mayor Guerrero about this. The mayor says this is the best soluti! on and will endeavor to see this is done.
2) Public health concerns and other problems at San Mateo.
Mayor Paz intends to meet with BWS and Belize Water Ltd regarding installation of adequate water and a sewage system for San Mateo. Sewage is at present being disposed of into the water around San Mateo. Now that Town Board has the power of planning permission, no new homes will be constructed in San Mateo or elsewhere without adequate water and sewage systems in place.
3) New sub division being planned for area across lagoon behind Buena Vista area.
An adequate road will be constructed to reach this area from town. Water, sewage and electrical pipes and cables will be placed as the road is constructed. Better housing planning will be done, unlike San Mateo.
4) Road north of cut.
Town Board is trying to get government to designate the area for the road to be. At present there is no set location for the road north. Some resorts wish the road to be placed at the back of the island along the lagoon rather than thru the resort. This may occur, however unless a properly constructed road is to made , preferably with cobblestones, and more than likely at the expense of the resorts, otherwise the road will be designed and placed where government wish it to be.
5) Beach traffic.
Apparently there is nothing in pl! ace to stop any kind of traffic from going on the beach outside of town central. If there is a good road not on the beach, the mayor says posts can be placed on access roads to the beach only, not on the beach.
The mayor has had many complaints from tourists about heavy bike traffic on the beach. She would like to see bikes banned from the beach and wishes to make that a law.
This is the best I can remember and hope it is accurate.
Natalie

/////////////////////////////////
If anyone remembers the meetings at the Essene Way, I asked the bicycle question there and was told that there is a law already that states that bicycles are not allowed on the beach unless they are being walked or if the proper road is impassable.

Jules

I had an issue with the beach/road problem a few years back and consulted W.H.Cortney and co. in Belize City. ( an old established law firm)Mr.Courtney Sr.took some time with me and showed me from this book on his shelf titled 'Laws of Belize' the rules about right of way on the beaches in Belize.
He concluded with what he read there that throughway's on the Beach was only permissible if a road alternative was not available.The town and villages of Belize cannot make laws/rules contrary. to the Laws of Belize.
Gosh it sure would be fun to have a copy of that set of books.
We could get several copies and spread them around, wow marty I've got an idea. a site with a search engine. lawsofbelie.com

White Sands Dive Shop
https://whitesandsdiveshop.com/
Elbert, it is my guess that complete sets of the laws of Belize are available on CD and that all Belize law firms have a copy on their computer systems.

I'll be happy to discuss my avatar with anyone who knows what it is.
S
S
All of the laws are online at www.belizelaw.org

WOW what a find
search engine and all
Simon thanks ,

White Sands Dive Shop
https://whitesandsdiveshop.com/

Link Copied to Clipboard
March
S M T W T F S
1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 314 guests, and 0 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums44
Topics79,199
Posts500,011
Members20,460
Most Online7,413
Nov 7th, 2021

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.