Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
#237472 05/09/07 10:47 AM
Marty Offline OP
OP Offline
from a friend...

In running my daily errands over the past few weeks I have come across an exceptional number of U.S. military personnel all over the place. Yesterday Brodies downtown was bustling with many of them still in uniform doing grocery shopping. I also pass them every day driving unassuming local-style dated vehicles and also driving nice looking hummers. They are everywhere. Waddup?

response from one person

Presently, there is the Tradewinds project ongoing as the news showed us last night.

But on another note, I heard Glenn Tillett earlier this week on Positive Vibes announcing that there is a proposal on the table to locate a US airforce base in Belize. The Government is considering it. He also notified that some 1200 British forces are on the ground at this time in Belize. Larger than the average 1000 during the time of official "British presence". It is expected that with the British pulling troops out of Kenya, he said, that the numbers of troops here will rise.

I find this news very interesting.

Concerns expressed above:

"I have come across an exceptional number of U.S. military personnel all over the place. Yesterday Brodies downtown was bustling with many of them still in uniform doing grocery shopping.... 1200 British forces are on the ground at this time in Belize. Larger than the average 1000 during the time of official 'British presence'. It is expected that with the British pulling troops out of Kenya, he said, that the numbers of troops here will rise."

In response to the above quotes:

Perhaps it has something to do with Hugo Chavez in Venezuela? He seized a number of different oil companies fairly recently and nationalized them and is largely responsible for the recent rise in oil prices since he is cutting off oil or threatening to limit it. Perhaps the troop build up is due to war plans in the future? Who knows, but what other answers do you have? Could they use Belize as a base of operations and one of their bases of power that is fairly close to Latin America?

EL-777

S
S
Sounds SCARY!!! Better sell your Palm Bay property right away...

I understand the military buys things without shopping around. So my asking price will be $100,000 which is way more than any civilian would pay. Perhaps a General could use it as his winter retreat?

EL-777

S
S
Maybe Chavez of Venezuela will buy it.

Belize has jungle and Britain and North America don't. British and American solders both have told me They where here borrowing Belize jungle to train in. They said it was two weeks in the jungle and then 2 days 3nights in San Pedro to relax before returning home. But who knows Congress may just be fooling the public about cutting the war budget and secretly going to give George money to look for weapons of mass destruction in Venezuela.

White Sands Dive Shop
https://whitesandsdiveshop.com/
elbert said: "British and American solders both have told me they were borrowing Belize jungle to train in."

You may have hit upon the reason: There is no jungle in the Middle East but there is in Venezuela. EL-777

S
S
Saddam hid his WMDs there???

Marty Offline OP
OP Offline
yep

Give you .15 cents on the dollar for that Palm Bay dirt. Don't wait too long may be .10 in June.

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard
March
S M T W T F S
1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 327 guests, and 0 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums44
Topics79,199
Posts500,011
Members20,460
Most Online7,413
Nov 7th, 2021

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.