Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#237767 05/12/07 11:48 PM
N
OP Offline
N
Hi everyone,

I would love some input about planning our first, ableit short, trip to Belize. We want to take a boat to Ambergris Caye from Xcalak - staying over 3 nights in San Pedro. Does anyone have any details on just how we'll accomplish this? Look forward to reading and learning more about Belize here.

Thanks!

Last edited by NWCreoleLady; 05/12/07 11:51 PM.

~Kathy~
There is a boat that travels back and forth to San Pedro,not sure if it originates from San Pedro or Xcalak. I'm sure it will be easy to find/ get info there, Xcalak is small.

Hi Kathy, Sorry, no details here eithor, but someone will have info for you. Welcome to the board. You will love San Pedro - hope you have an awesome trip!

It's never too late to have a happy childhood!
My local fisherman friends go to Xcalak a lot but its a rough trip because you have to go outside the protection of the reef into the open ocean to travel it in the front of the island but if you come up the back the trip requires a lot of bus and boat trips and requires you to travel through Corazal and the Mexican boarder there.Try a local fisherman in Xcalak , chartering him and watch the weather.probably cost you 200.us for the charter.

White Sands Dive Shop
https://whitesandsdiveshop.com/
N
OP Offline
N
Originally Posted by elbert
My local fisherman friends go to Xcalak a lot but its a rough trip because you have to go outside the protection of the reef into the open ocean to travel it in the front of the island but if you come up the back the trip requires a lot of bus and boat trips and requires you to travel through Corazal and the Mexican boarder there.Try a local fisherman in Xcalak , chartering him and watch the weather.probably cost you 200.us for the charter.

Thanks for the info! I did get ahold of a local dive shop in Xcalak and waiting for more info. If there's other people on the boat it could be as cheap as $40 per person.....otherwise it will be about $200. I'm hoping we can spend a couple nights in San Pedro, otherwise we'll have to just settle for a day trip and do a full Belize trip next year. Maybe I can try and round up some folks on the different message boards I frequent. I'm a board hopper, kinda like a bar hopper, LOL.

Last edited by NWCreoleLady; 05/14/07 03:15 PM. Reason: Boo boo on signature

~Kathy~

Link Copied to Clipboard
March
S M T W T F S
1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 359 guests, and 0 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums44
Topics79,199
Posts500,011
Members20,460
Most Online7,413
Nov 7th, 2021

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.