Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
OP Offline
Hello All: another newbie here with a few questions. We booked our flights and are looking for a place to stay. 4 adults coming. I was wondering about the beach and swimming in the ocean. I see a lot of resorts/condos have long docks for ocean access. Is the water shallow for a good distance off the beach throughout the island? Or are there places where you can just wade in and start swimming/snorkeling? Any waves? So far we have been looking at Xanadu, Exotic Caye, Paradise Villas, Palms... We want to be reasonably close to town but have a nice beach and water to swim in if possible. We might rent a golf cart.

Also, are Beliken and Guiness the only beers on the island?

Thanks in advance.

If I had a beer for every beer I've had...
Try the Lighthouse beer and the local rums. They're really good!

Out of the four, stay at either Paradise Villa's (has a nice pool) or the Palms. Both in town and nice.

Last edited by travelqueen; 05/14/07 03:24 PM. Reason: added words
P
P
HiBetter beer,
Are the 4 adults two couple of 4 friends reason being that it may a diffrence in how close to town you want to be. All the places are nice each just offers something diffrent. Swimming is nice on most beaches there is some sea grass but that is more portection for the reef than anything else. Because of the reef there are few waves so very nice and calm. There are places you can just swim and snorkel but the tours will take you out a little further and they are safer because you will not have to worry about boats. I do snorkel around Ramons dock quite often when I don't have a lot of time. The water is beautiful and warm right now almost 84 degrees. As for the beer Belikin is the most popular along with Guiness but there are other available just more expensive.

OP Offline
Thanks for the replies. Sounds like we are on the right track. It is 2 couples coming. I am sure there will be days when we want to just relax on the beach/pool, but we will also be looking to do some tours and definitely party. Thanks.

If I had a beer for every beer I've had...
P
P
Hi Better,
I would then recommend The Palms as it is two seperate bedrooms and a kitchenette dinning area and living room it is also in town plus it has a nice pool or Xanadu is really beatuiful. I didn't realise Paridise Vill's has a nice pool the only thing is one of the beds is a sofa bed.

True, tight sleeping quarters at Paradise Villa's (at least the three that I've been in). The Palms is probably your best bet. The location is great! I haven't been inside any of the units but hear they are very nice!

S
S
Banyan Bay has the best beach on the island (hands down), Ramon's has a nice one as well. Xanadu is next to Banyan Bay and The Palms (very nice) is next to Ramon's.

SIN

Check out my site: www.ambergriscayerealestate.net
That's funny, I thought of Banyan Bay!

Just spent a week in a beach front villa at Banyan Bay, very roomy for 4 adults 2 bedrooms with private baths , great balconies & I agree with Sin best beach area on the island.
Very nice pool & well kept.
The Palms pool is around back & is more of a dipping pool with lots of shade.

Last edited by J DOG; 05/15/07 03:39 PM.

Link Copied to Clipboard
March
S M T W T F S
1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 312 guests, and 0 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums44
Topics79,199
Posts500,011
Members20,460
Most Online7,413
Nov 7th, 2021

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.