Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6
N
OP Offline
N
FTWB (Frank The Wonder Boy) and I will be coming to Belize the around mid June to visit and also to look for property. We hope to find a place to live about 10 months out of the year.

I have spent a lot of time trying to find a thread about realtor's here but didn't find much. Does anyone have a recommendation for someone that sells on the main land as well as the cayes? No condos!

We are both retired and won't be working. We would like a place not to far from the water but not necessarily right on the beach. We own some land on St. Croix that has a great view to the north but we have heard so much about Belize we though we would check it out.

I had a friend that retired from IBM several years ago and ended up in Belize for a while and loved it. I think he fell into the boat repair business then moved back to Texas.

Frank lived in Puerto Rico for 12 years so he's well aware of the more laid back life style of living out of the states. We have been going to Puerto Rico and the USVI three or four times a year for several years. We both love it.

Thanks
Nancy

I wouldn't hazzard a recommendation for a realtor...there are plenty to choose from in the "Businesses" section from this website. I get vibes that you may receive some Personal Messages in the not to far future.

Gone fishing!!
N
OP Offline
N
Thanks Bill. I got all excited when I saw I had a PM then saw it was a automatic "Welcome" from Marty.

Not that I wouldn't welcome a PM from Marty. I just thought it might be information on a realtor. LOL

Any suggestioins about places to visit, eat, do are more than welcome. Though I am very surprised a the wealth of informatin on the net about Belize. We like everything from street food to simi-fine dinning. I hate dressing up. But that doesn't seem to be a requirement there, thank God. We really like to find a good , or bad depending on now you look at it ;-) ,watering hole where it's mostly locals.

We visited Antigua on our winter trip to the islands last November just as they were having the boat festival and got to tour the Maltese Falcon. We were walking by looking at all the boats and there was a lady standing on deck. I just said I'd sure like to see the insides of her ship, not for a minute thinking she'd say "Sure, I'd be happy to show you around".!!! After I picked up my jaw from the dock we shucked off our shoes and went aboard. She spent the better part of a hour taking us to every part of the ship except the crew quarters.

Bill is right about the realtors, I wouldn't mention a name either.
Fee simple is the rule.I may have old information but I believe we have no realtor's because they would need a board of realtor's to be a member of in order to be a realtor, but if the real-estate agents have been smart they may have invented one by now, if for no other reason, to say they are a realtor. I'm sure in the past you haven't needed a license to sell real estate in Belize, this may have changed in recent years. Anyone that raised their hand and said, 'I sell real estate', is an agent. Having to have a license evokes an ethical conduct through fear of having your license revoked, and our court system never prosecutes them so that's not a motivator either.Its a very renegade market place that he government is trying to get control of.
Be sure and involve a Belizean attorney and get a written opinion on the title. Run if someone wants to help you avoid the 'Title Transfer Tax' it's the oldest con down here and the tax is in place to stop their abuses.
Alarm bells should go off if you hear one say, 'that's how we do it down here". Having said all that thousands of folks have successfully purchased land here and are living the happy ever after. Just use your common sense.
This should bring a few out of the woodwork to explain how that's not true because of this or that....but listen to the disclaimers closely.

White Sands Dive Shop
https://whitesandsdiveshop.com/
I'm a dive instructor crazy.

Gone fishing!!
Does my attitude show? cool

White Sands Dive Shop
Well things are sure to change soon Elbert with Coldwell Banker being here and others too like Remax and Atlas from the UK. Absolutely some kind of ethics / standards of practice requirements. I know most the Realtors on the Island and their reps and can say lots of business does get done right. But remember until recent years, recorded titles were little insurance because someone could have an older dated document saying they bought it. At least now these things are set. Has to be recorded etc. There's absolutely no reason or excuse for transfers of titles to be complete and all or any ecumbrances paid.

Writer claims no authority, worthwhile knowledge of any kind, and didn't make love to that woman.
I'm not really a philosopher...I just kind of pretend grin.

Gone fishing!!
How you like my new avatar?
Would you buy real estate from this man?

White Sands Dive Shop
E
E
Yep! Rather than from Thornton.

Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6

Link Copied to Clipboard
March
S M T W T F S
1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 296 guests, and 0 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums44
Topics79,199
Posts500,011
Members20,460
Most Online7,413
Nov 7th, 2021

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.