Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3
Ahhhhhhh!!!! You make me jealous Scubalady : )
I can't wait till we get to stay at PV in July!!!

Time flys - have fun!
Hi Harriette: Sounds like you had a nice day. Tonight, I finished sorting my socks cry...tomorrow...the tee-shirts frown. Take care: Bill

Gone fishing!!
D
DB Offline
D
The dock off Wet Willy's (next door to PV's) has excellent swimming conditions and does not have too much boat traffic on the side next to the patio with a good ladder to boot. Have snorkleled there many times. An added benefit of a cold beverage is just a few steps away when you get thirsty!

Have fun!

W
W
PV is perfect for a walk into town. Pool is great. There is a swimming area off the end of the dock with reef balls in place for good snorkeling. Lots of local kids use the dock so there is a large area of no eel grass. Nice steps into the water, not real deep and no boat traffic other than guest pick up in the morning heading out for tours, and returning in the later afternoon. We and our older children enjoy it there. Security there in the evening and night, and again close to anything you want in town.

"I don't understand what you mean when you ask for 'a nice beach." "

Well, she said she has never been there before so just looking for info about the beach. Beaches and swimming conditions can vary quite a bit depending on where you go. St. Thomas, Bermuda, Hawaii, Key West, etc. All of them have varying beaches from beautiful to stony, non-swimming, etc.

We don't plan on spending our 9 days laying on the beach. But sometimes it is nice to walk out your door and just plop down and relax for awhile on a "nice beach". Then maybe jump into the water and swim around a bit, snorkel or whatever.

If I had a beer for every beer I've had...
JZB Offline
Shelley, Paradise Villas is in an excellent location, beautiful landscaped grounds with a good size pool. They have a nice dock for swimming and snorkeling. No matter where you snorkel off-shore you will have to keep your ears open for boat traffic as boats are up and down the front of the island all day, everyday.

The island is surrounded by grasses right off the beach and 90% of swimming is done off docks. Swimming right off the beach is possible at Banyan Bay/Mar de Tumbo (south), Ramons (in town) and also the Boca Del Rio park has a nice beach for swimming which is on the north end of town.

Regardless of where you stay, you will have a great time since San Pedro is not a 'stay in your resort and never leave' type of place. The whole island is like one big resort community and you will find yourselves wanting to wander everywhere.

just my $.02

Since you have the reef just offshore, surf is a minimum and the turtle grass will grow. It does get to be about 6 inches long or so, and some places heavier than others, but typically not to the point where it will affect your swimming (unless you swim with your feet down and are uncommonly wierd about stepping on something other than bare sand).

Been there, done that, the washing machine ate the T-shirt
D
DB Offline
D
Well put JZB.. is that $0.02 BZ?

Last edited by DB; 05/22/07 03:02 PM.
V
V
Hi....I own one of the units at PV. The location is wonderful. There is good swimming off the pier. The beach isn't one to "lie out on" but the pool, grounds are gorgeous at PV. You can see the Carribean Sea from the pool area. The price is reasonable there and location is convenient to everything. The dive shop at Wet Willie's (Reef Adventures) does tons of trips. Just depends what you are looking for!

M
M
I will be there Sunday. I'm staying for two weeks. I'll let you know. Thanx to everyone who has replied to this. I am so syked I can hardly stand it. Now if I can just get a few more work things tied up I can devote all attention to packing. San Pedro here I come. keith

Page 2 of 3 1 2 3

Link Copied to Clipboard
March
S M T W T F S
1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 304 guests, and 0 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums44
Topics79,199
Posts500,011
Members20,460
Most Online7,413
Nov 7th, 2021

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.