Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
M
martyho Offline OP
OP Offline
M
We have a serious group of divers from California coming to San Pedro over Christmas and are looking for cheap drinks and food. Also looking for the "unknown" local flavor. You know, the secret local spots. Help us and I'll buy you some rounds!

For breakfast or lunch try Rubies Deli, it opens at 6 a.m. Its on Barrier Reef Drive attached to Rubies Hotel. You can't miss it. Amazing coconut tarts.

http://www.caribbean-colors.com

[This message has been edited by silkpainter (edited 08-04-2000).]

H
H
Some of the nicest and cheapest food can be had on Front Street at Central Park from the nighttime food vendors there.

Coco's restaurant close to San Pedro Supermarket has BRILLIANT authentic local seafood and other dishes for ridiculously low rates....buy your wine at the supermarket, though...they don't have it at Coco's.

CocoNet, the new Internet bar on Barrier Reef Drive next to Manellys Ice Cream Parlour, has decent rates on drinks, especially considering that you're in a pretty luxurious setting there.

Antojitos Santelmo down just south of la margarita is the best cheap eating in town that I've found so far....

J
J
The best two places I ate and were VERY VERY affordable were:
1) Waruguma - little hole in the wall on middle street, easy to miss, looks like a blue counter stuck between to building with a roof. The owner Ernest catches the fish fresh daily. 3 tacos are $1BZ, fish burrito(which I highly recommend) $2BZ, etc... has one small plastic table out front

2)Papi's diner - this one is further in town have a cab take you the first time because it is easy to drive past. If you drive on your own, it is at the far end of town towards the small channel crossing. Anything here is good. our favorites were the fish fingers and skewer dinners. And he makes a great rum & coke! has tables outside and inside.

And the best part of both of the places is the hospitality of the owners.

The food is every where if you look in those little crooks and crannys. Drinking...well, go to the Belikin depot buy a case or two, snag a styrofoam cooler from the hardware, ice it down and sit on the "beach". We'll be there Christmas too, so let me know where the on the rock you'll be sitting and we'll join you. Get some of the local carribean rum..it's cheap and can be very deadly.

For a little local "flavor" try hunting up Arnold's Cool Spot on the north end of the village. (If it's still there)

Link Copied to Clipboard
March
S M T W T F S
1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 328 guests, and 0 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums44
Topics79,199
Posts500,011
Members20,460
Most Online7,413
Nov 7th, 2021

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.