Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#23861 08/04/00 09:10 AM
K
Kymmer Offline OP
OP Offline
K
Hi Everyone! Just found the message boards and I've been reading them the last hour (while at work...shame on me!).
Anyway, my fiancee and I were hoping to get married and honeymoon on AC. We're both scuba certified and would love any suggestions on a resort where we'll have our own thatched roof casa on the beach! (thatched roof not required!). Basically the most important thing is it's clean, upperscale, beachfront and has a restaurant with excellent food....too much to ask?
I have never traveled to the Carribean before (from Seattle, just moved to Tampa 3 months ago!) but love surf, scuba, sun and sand.
Thanks so much!!!

#23862 08/04/00 09:40 AM
Ramon's would fit the bill the closest (resturant time to time questionable by our standards), but it is pricey for what you get. If you decide on Ramon's insist on one of the units up front..the street can be noisy.

There are a lot of places that fit the bill (except for the on premises resturant) The Victoria House would be great. Again a little pricey but beautiful. They can also arrange for your wedding plans, as can Ramon's. We've seen several weddings on the island, and will be involved in one ourselves (not us, friend's daughter) next March.

Lotsa good resturants in San Pedro, so just find the nicest accomodations with or without dining. I'm also a bit partial to Caribbean Villas and Banyan Bay for upscale getting away.

Any of the resorts will gladly provide the details regarding marriage requirements.

CC

#23863 08/04/00 09:58 AM
K
Kymmer Offline OP
OP Offline
K
ChooChoo,
Thanks a lot! I'll be sure and let you all know how it goes! Can't wait!!!

#23864 08/04/00 10:31 AM
J
J
Hi Kymmer,

visit http://www.journeysendresort.com/weddings.html

-Jonathan

[This message has been edited by Jonathan (edited 08-04-2000).]

#23865 08/04/00 11:30 AM
Kay Scott also does weddings.
http://belizeweddings.com/

#23866 08/04/00 04:47 PM
A
Anonymous
Anonymous
A
hi! what's your time frame. i'm staying at Journeys end for my 14th anniversary and it looks really nice. we'll be back end of august i can post you then. it has all those things you mentioned (thats why i picked it). let you know how it is.

ps- i did ramones 7 years ago , and it was neat as a "different" kind of vacation, but it isnt luxury for a honeymoon. i didnt want to stay there again. it has a nice island atmosphere and thatched rooves though.

#23867 08/04/00 10:48 PM
K
K
Hi,
If you want seclusion, Journey's End is further out, north of town. Victoria House has an ambiance that's all it's own, very nice, out of town but not as secluded as Journey's End. Both have excellent staff. Would be glad to give you more info, I've worked at both places.
[email protected]

Karen Pasquariello
#23868 08/07/00 07:47 AM
K
Kymmer Offline OP
OP Offline
K
Hi! We're looking at October 6th - 14th. I'd love your feedback after your trip that'd be wonderful & also thanks to all who have been replying!!!
Has anyone been inside a casita at Victoria House? What's it like (floor, bathrooms etc.) My dream is to find thatched roof luxury! good luck huh!!! I've tried to contact the people at Ramon's (very curt replies only, surprising!).
I want seclusion in the form of casita's not being close to one another....it's my honeymoon afterall and I'd hate to wake the natives [Linked Image] but want to be close enough to town to check it out. (a golf cart ride isn't a big deal...etc.)
Everyone here is really wonderful and I do appreciate all of your help so Thanks!!

#23869 08/07/00 02:22 PM
B
B
Karen: How do I get one of these jobs at the resorts??? :-)

[This message has been edited by BeerBudget (edited 08-07-2000).]

Link Copied to Clipboard
March
S M T W T F S
1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 304 guests, and 0 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums44
Topics79,199
Posts500,011
Members20,460
Most Online7,413
Nov 7th, 2021

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.