Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Ruth1 Offline OP
OP Offline
Can anyone tell me if names of the roads are marked...or do you just look for landmarks?

S
S
he he he

Some of them are, recent installations. Mostly landmarks.

Check out my site: www.ambergriscayerealestate.net
Very few streets are marked. That includes missing stop sign, no parking signs, speed limit signs etc.

There is a new map system in place in the town core that identifies where you are standing and spotlights most of the the places you would want to visit.

Outside of town it is a true adventure where even we locals can't name many of the streets.

S
S
New gameshow for the island: Name That Street!

Ruth1 Offline OP
OP Offline
Hey - that could be a fun game...But can we have the names of the street and then guess which one go to which streets.
Ha Ha

S
S
No

lmao

Take the road less traveled
I explain to my guests that the streets are name - but who know what the names are? We simply refer to Front, Middle and Back Street. Oh yeah - then there is the beach, Lagoon Street, the road north, etc.

Harriette

Harriette
Take only pictures leave only bubbles
I agree Harriette,
Front middle and back, right foot in the water when you leave and the left foot in will get you back,or in the case of costa maya left foot foot out right foot back.
Ruth you can't get lost thats probably what you want to know. its way obvious. really no need for signs or names or even house #'s, We like it but the post man went postal and made an effort but not needed quite yet.

White Sands Dive Shop
https://whitesandsdiveshop.com/
K
K
On my first trip to the island, I stayed at a friend's house. He was in the States, and he just gave me a key and told me vaguely where the house was. I insisted that he tell me the name of the street, and he did. No one else on the island knew what I was talking about. I rented a golf cart, put my luggage on the cart and drove around until I found the place. I knew my way around the island after like...a day. Very easy to get around. :-)

Have fun!!!!

Crocs are BAAAAAAAAAAAD

Link Copied to Clipboard
March
S M T W T F S
1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 276 guests, and 0 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums44
Topics79,199
Posts500,011
Members20,460
Most Online7,413
Nov 7th, 2021

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.