Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#236543 04/28/07 07:37 AM
D
Dwight Offline OP
OP Offline
D
We have scheduled a vacation to Belize with some close friends for the week of July 14th. We are avid fishermen and plan to hire a guide for a day or two but I also plan to bring some light tackle with me to fish off the beach or piers and possibly wading the lagoons on the west side fo the island?

ooohhhh, you are gonna have so much fun!!!!

Live so that when you arise in the A.M, Satan shudders & says..
'Oh sh t..she's awake!'
D
Dwight Offline OP
OP Offline
D
Thanks Sun&Sand; How is the fishing from the shoreline? Additionaly, we had planned to stay at Banana Beach but they were booked so now we are at the Miramar. How far is Miramar form downtown.

Hi Dwight,

Miramar is quite a way from town. I would say about 3 miles, but that is just me guessing. We walk down there most days with our dogs. There are various ways to get to town depending on how adventurous and energetic you are. Walking. We live a little South of Banana Beach and walk to town along the beach regularly. From the Miramar, it would be about a 45 minute walk to town I would guess. As hot as its been recently, I would find the walk to town a bit too much of a challenge unless I stopped at the many bars along the way - for rehydration of course.

Being as far south as you are means you are closer to better fishing. Fishing off the docks can always result in a surprise but once you've been out on a boat here (if you are with a good guide), there is no comparison. The lagoon at the back is great for fishing too, although I would be hesitant to wade in it unless I was in a particularly clear area as there are crocs. There is a barge channel not far from where you are staying that you can fish in from the platform. Good place for cudda.

If you like fly fishing, there seem to be tons of bonefish around and again, down south, you can find them from the shore.

Hope you have a great time!

www.conchcreative.com
Belize Wedding Photography

Miramar is about 2.5-3 miles from town. Good guess, collyk! There is good fishing off of the dock just south of Miramar's. There were lots of locals fishing on the weekends there in November. Otherwise, search this board for names of fishing guides.

I stayed at Miramar last month and it was awesome! I'd say one of the nicest places on the island now. Huge, well appointed suites! My son fished from the dock right out front and had good success. Photos coming one of these days!

D
Dwight Offline OP
OP Offline
D
Barb, would love to see the pictures of your stay at the Miramar.

Hi. I am not Barb, but I have pictures of Miramar. Check out Nov album and Miramar sub-album. http://s95.photobucket.com/albums/l160/Cakelee/ I'm sure the plants have grown a bit since November, though!

Let me know if you have any questions. I am an owner there.

D
Dwight Offline OP
OP Offline
D
Great pictures and cute kids.

We are looking forward to staying at the Mirmar Villas. They look great.

Any advice to enhance our stay there?

Thanks

Thanks!

Bring bug spray and sunscreen!

Let me know if you have specific questions.

Link Copied to Clipboard
March
S M T W T F S
1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 308 guests, and 0 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums44
Topics79,199
Posts500,011
Members20,460
Most Online7,413
Nov 7th, 2021

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.