Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
OP Offline
Well, sometimes I wonder how many members of the board are actually here on the island. Come on you guys, post some stuff about the island and the town.

Newest topics:

1. The San Pedro High School is erecting an audotorium which is located on the beach just north of Caye Management & Wet Willys in the Boca Del Rio area. The audotorium will not only be utilized for high school events, but also many community gatherings. It has a roof and some rain covers will be installed too. There are flood lights and a large stage. A huge fundraiser occured over the weekend and the current students and alumni were challenged to raise $90K to complete the project. Bathrooms, bleachers, the rain covers and other items still need to be paid for and installed. An overwhelming response was received and the final tallys haven't been made yet. But last count $108K has been pledged/collected. Past students who are overseas are still sending in their donations. The town has needed an audotorium for many years, and it will now be a reality!

2. Stay dogs and unleashed pets wandering the streets are a number one concern in light of a recent dog bite & human retaliation. Folks, if you love your pets keep them at home in a fenced yard or on a leash when you are out and about. This town can't have wild, aggressive or ferocious animals at large. It is a danger to the community and a health issue too.

3. Mosquitoes - arrrgh, miserable. The town board began fogging last night and a marvelous almost bug free morning was enjoyed by many. With more rain occuring the bugs will be a part of life for a while.

What did I miss - anyone????

great post amanda.

food vendors. where the heck are they going to be? any idea? there is a real lack of them now.

bugs sure rolled in quickly. there were literally none for the couple weeks i was there til the last day then wham. end of dry season. iguana rains.

JZB Offline
No see'ums are starting to make an appearance also. We just had a solid downpour here (over 1,200 gallons in my cistern, hurray!). I am not looking forward to the mosquitoes tomorrow!

Aren't the food vendors supposed to be on the beach for the time being?

OP Offline
I thought they were on the beach in front of the RC church. I still get my barbeque by the church on Saturdays.

a few are. not as many tho, at least it seemed to me

Originally Posted by Marty
bugs sure rolled in quickly. there were literally none for the couple weeks i was there til the last day then wham. end of dry season. iguana rains.

There are some guest that are staying in one of the units in our complex (Bermuda Landing) that actually drove a golf cart to Capricorn for dinner the other night......by the time they got back they were both missing a few pints of blood because of the mosquitos! Not a smart thing to do. sick

I'm happier than a pig in s__t...a foot on the sand...and a Belikin in my hand!
S
S
100% DEET, if your skin doesn't melt off.

Check out my site: www.ambergriscayerealestate.net
OP Offline
Originally Posted by Sir Isaac Newton
100% DEET, if your skin doesn't melt off.

Don't forget with 100% deet you will stick to the golf cart seat, you will stick to the bar stool or restaurant chair, your nail polish will get gunky, your plastic watch will disintegrate and you will sunburn. Mmmm I'll take a gallon please. sick

S
S
Tips on applying Deet:
1. Careful you don't get it on your watch bezel...it melts plastic.
2. Don't spray it in a crowd...you'll get it in peoples eyes...and it will cause problems with contact lenses. Take it downwind.
3. Spray it into your hand, then wipe/rub it into your skin where it will be much more effective than spray-on application....and you'll use less Deet that way.
4. You do not need extra-strong Deet...the regular off-the-shelf varietys are fine.

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Link Copied to Clipboard
March
S M T W T F S
1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 272 guests, and 0 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums44
Topics79,199
Posts500,011
Members20,460
Most Online7,413
Nov 7th, 2021

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.