Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3
A
Anonymous
Anonymous
A
i would love to have massage while on vacation. Are there any therapists that will come to my hotel? what would it cost? thanks!

Hi Jane...
Just ask at the front desk... they'll arrange for one to come from town. It use to run about $40-$50. But make sure they are going to get one from TOWN.

Two I know of that were operating in Feb this year.

A masseuse named Wendy (I think) operates out of an office in the lobby entrance to the Sunbreeze Hotel. She charged me $50 or $60 US for a deep tissue body massage that lasted for about 1 hour. Tel: 2191 (Sunbreeze) or from the US and Canada call 1(800)688-0191.

The other masseuse, Vicki operates from the office of Dr. carlos Villatoro (Naturopathic) located at the Island Plaza on Barrier Reef Drive across from Fido's. Tel: 3419

Both will come to your hotel room. A great way to pamper yourself. Enjoy.

**Jim

**Jim
J
J
I think the masseuse at Sunbreeze is named Anne. Does that sound right?

Thanks Jenn...
You're right on the nose. I think maybe it's oldtimer's disease or fuzzy brain. Whatever, I remember now that you've jarred me back to "normal". I wonder who Wendy is...????

Yes, it is Anne at the Sunbreeze. I believe she is a Canadian and trained in England. I guess I'm taking another flyer trying to remember the info again...right?
**Jim

[This message has been edited by Sandcrab (edited 08-08-2000).]

**Jim
P
pab Offline
P
Hey Jane - I'm actually replying to a question from another post, but you'll probably check this one for sure. You asked for my opinion about JE. Overall, I really enjoyed the week spent there and the service received. Rooms were cleaned each day, always had TP (that can be a problem in 3rd world countries), and beds were adequate. All of the resort and dive staff were helpful and fun. As long as you treat people with respect and don't be too demanding (i.e., a spoiled American) they'll be pleasant back.

The only downside is the distance from town, and access is by boat only. Water taxi cost $5.00 US each way ($10 RT) per person last year. If you go to town only 3-4 nights then it's not too bad. The ride between town and JE is very pleasant with the wind rushing, gentle up/down of boat, and the billions and billions of stars you'll see!!

Please do me one small favor (it's kind of goofy). If Susan is still there, ask her if she remembers the guy (I was there the same week you'll be there a year ago) who greeted her each morning at breakfast by saying "If you buy the Belize, you build the Belize" and did a little dance. That's a jingle played over the radio and she got a kick out of it when I repeated it to her.

Anyway, hope you have a great time and look forward to your trip report!

Paul

A
Anonymous
Anonymous
A
thanks everyone! sounds like you could all use a nice massage!! [Linked Image] it is by far my favorite pampering thing. paul - i have heard of susan from some others as well and i must meet her, everyone loves her! i am the antithesis of ugly american, and a little attention and a smile is all i need. oh, and, of course, a massage....
----
i wonder if ann would do a massage on the beach or my balcony overlooking the ocean...i saw that in a magazine once (i think it was bali) and i thought, "that would be heaven". what do you think?

Jane;

In your initial topic post we have noticed that you used the word therapist without an adjective to completely describe what kind. Many of us who are in SP frequently are a little nervous about the word "therapist" or "therapy". Just kidding.

Maybe I'll splurge on SWMBO and have her drop by the Sunbreeze for an hour's worth of punching, pummeling, slapping, and twisting often referred to as "massage". Ick. She likes that sort of indulgent thing, and I can wait at BC's for the revitalization..

GO FOR IT!!! I did it in Mexico and it's definatley a MUST DO. Why didn't I think of this on my vacation to San Pedro????????????
Will just have to do it next time. ENJOY!!

C
C
Note to Choochoo, if you get SWMBO a massage, I bet for at least a day it will be YOU-WMBO, LOL. A good massage will turn anyone into a big puddle o'happy.

[This message has been edited by chicke (edited 08-09-2000).]

Robin Holder
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3

Link Copied to Clipboard
April
S M T W T F S
1 2 3 4 5 6
7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 27
28 29 30
Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 198 guests, and 0 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums44
Topics79,204
Posts500,029
Members20,468
Most Online7,413
Nov 7th, 2021

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.