Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
M
merc Offline OP
OP Offline
M
Has anyone ever stayed at this villa or at this end of the caye?

Is this Villa as nice as it looks in the pictures?
What is this end of the AC like?
Is it too far away from San Pedro to ride a bike into town or to take a golf cart?
What are the good and bad points of staying at this place?

Thanks for your help and advice!

I have never stayed there but walk past it frequently and it looks absolutely gorgeous. The south end of Ambergris Caye is much more peaceful than town. You have fantastic views from the location of Casa Redonda. It is about a 15 - 20 minute easy cycle to town. If there has been rain, cycling to town can be a muddy and bumpy affair. There are not many places to eat at that end of the island but a short trip north towards town leads you to a number of both local and hotel style restaurants. If you like a busy night life, lots of bar action people watching, then this is not the location for you. If you like a spectacular view, a peaceful beach, long beach walks and a romantic location, then this is exactly where you'll want to be.

www.conchcreative.com
Belize Wedding Photography

A
Anonymous
Anonymous
A
I live here so I haven't stayed in most resorts, but I have occasional customers staying at Casa Redondo and to a man (and woman) they love it. It is relatively remote as Collyk says and isn't for everyone, but if it's the sort of place you're looking for you won't be disappointed. Get a (gas) golfcart, a scooter or a bicycle for the duration.

We had a wedding there not too long ago. PM me for pictures. Pedro is correct it is nice and many love it. In regards the golf cart question it depends on what season you come. If it is raining a lot transportation out that way via golf cart can get quite tricky, bumpy and take time. As they mentioned, if you are looking for long beach walks, peaceful beach and a romantic location it is a lovely place.

How old are your kids? Personally I prefer staying closer to town when I travel with my kids (9, 14, 18) so I don't have to accompany them everywhere, all the time. Staying closer to, or right in town, the kids can rent bikes and explore on their own. Not impossible from Casa Redondo, but pretty far south. But then my kids have been to Belize many times so pretty much know their way around and are comfortable biking/walking around on their own. If you want them to be able to meet other kids, closer to town or just N of town near the residential areas (Blue Tang, Paradise Villas, etc) are the prime places IMO. If you want them to meet other tourist kids, Banyan Bay is a good spot. My 9 year old had one of the best days of his life fishing with a little local boy, in the local places, that he met while we were staying at Blue Tang in April.

M
merc Offline OP
OP Offline
M
Thanks everyone for the info and advice! smile

Our kids are 12 and 13, and they usually just do whatever we do when on vacation. We don't do the bar scene much anymore, but do like to enjoy the local food and meeting the people when we can. For example, in St Martin, we loved to walk down the beach at night and visit the local's lowlow huts(sp?) for dinner, where they would grill some delicious freshly caught lobsters, with native spices, and a homebrewed liquor they called "tea". We'd sit on the beach eat and drink for relatively little money... and make some new friends while doing so.

On Anguilla, we met the family who owned/worked the restaurant, and I even got to help "grandma" cook our dinner to learn how they did it.

While driving up the east coast of Australia, we got lost and ended up eating breakfast in the kitchen of a total stranger who invited us inside for some coffee one morning, after I couldn't find a place to buy take-away coffees. All she wanted in return was to hear all about Texas.

I am guessing that AC and San Pedro is another place where we can enjoy this type of adventure in safety? Is that the case?

Are there any safety concerns about being so remote in the Casa Redondo area?

Thanks again for all your help!

Link Copied to Clipboard
April
S M T W T F S
1 2 3 4 5 6
7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 27
28 29 30
Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 226 guests, and 0 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums44
Topics79,204
Posts500,029
Members20,468
Most Online7,413
Nov 7th, 2021

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.