Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
B
bleisa Offline OP
OP Offline
B
Some time ago, and I can't remember exactly when, there was some discussion about duplicating the fresh fragrance of island flowers with certain US laundry products for washing. I've done a search on these boards and haven't been able to find it. Does anyone recall this discussion topic? I'd like to make up a batch and use it to launder my sheets and towels.

I never saw the tread but it sounds good.

San Pedro based Belize Blog since 2007 - great travel resources & discounts https://tacogirl.com/

B
bleisa Offline OP
OP Offline
B
When one walks past a resort the "fragrance" is most likely some sort of laundry detergent & softener. I believe the topic discussed was how to duplicate it with detergents found in the USA..mixing and matching. I know it sounds silly, but aren't some of our fond memories of SP about what we smelled? I found this to be very comforting and familiar of the island. I'm wondering if this new format of the boards doesn't go back far enough to pick up the thread which I'm searching for?

JZB Offline
If I recall, I think that old thread talked about what they used to mop the floors. It was Flabuloso in the ocean fragrance.

I have found Fabuloso in the Lavender fragrance, and it so reminds me of the island. Like when you are going up middle street in the morning after the shopkeepers have thrown the mop water out onto the street to keep the dust down. I use it everywhere in my house, and it leaves a nice fragrance. Plus, it's a lot cheaper than the other stuff. Good luck.

Live so that when you arise in the A.M, Satan shudders & says..
'Oh sh t..she's awake!'
B
bleisa Offline OP
OP Offline
B
Thanks for your input..Fabuloso does ring a bell. I would imagine I could find it here in the States in a Hispanic grocery store? I'm sure our smaller store probably only carries Tide and the usual trade names. I'll be looking for it.

It might be "Flash" My mother said the same thing after visiting me a few times and how much she liked it. One trip she asked a few resorts and others when she smelled it what it was and they all said Flash (the blue one), which is a popular cleaning brand in Belize. It's great.

Link Copied to Clipboard
April
S M T W T F S
1 2 3 4 5 6
7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 27
28 29 30
Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 231 guests, and 0 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums44
Topics79,204
Posts500,029
Members20,468
Most Online7,413
Nov 7th, 2021

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.