Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
Pedro1 Offline OP
OP Offline
This message board is paid for by the advertisers and most of the people I see complaining pay zero-when I gat cancellations due to ridiculous reports on a message board -it pisses me off-we should only allow positives -negatives,I understand, are in some cases peoples positives,but you all say you love AC but keep knocking the laws,keep knocking everything,by saying it is better on other chat lines-great go there-
This may seem strange coming from me -who has been banned from the board-but you lot are hurting tourism which is what I and many others presently depend on-this is not a chat site for 20-30 people to hurt mine and others investments.
Further thoughts to Marty dump a couple of administrators (one has at least offered to resign-take it-preferably both)-maybe set up a chat line that is almost impossible for real tourists to see-this board is not for people who live here although I believe it has helped many people to settle here-it is to help TOURISM

I
I

Very well stated Peter. This board should not be used as a platform to launch mean spirited attacks against well intentioned organizations, businesses and individuals. I comend Peter for his courage to stand up for those whose lives and businesses have been effected by lies exagerations and inuindo on this board. Mr Lawrence certainly speaks for the majority of business owners and charitable organizations that say "Kick the "Moaning Minnies," off this board". Ambergris Caye is a very positive place with some really great people working hard together and making some exceptional things happen. Lets talk about that.

Further thoughts to Marty, why is this board being abused as a venue by the mean spirited to hurt good people?

Peter thank you for bringing this issue to the forefront.

Wrong!
If I am visiting, buying, building - WHATEVER.
I would prefer to KNOW the scrupulous from the unscrupulous BEFORE I get BURNT. Why not find out right here. If there is a better source let us ALL know!If the purpose of this board is only to promote advertisers then state it as so. JMHO.

S
S
This is a message board not an infomercial.

Check out my site: www.ambergriscayerealestate.net
Rykat, I stand by Peter and Sterling. Both care about the tourists and to my knowledge would never do unscrupulous actions which affect our tourism industry.

I agree with Peter. ( Don't fall off your chair! LOL) Reduce the number of Administrators.
I noticed a feature I had not seen before - maybe it's new - when I went in to edit one of my posts it had a place to mark why.
Marty I see a number of new things - I'm eager to learn what all they are. I like the idea of being able to check off that I have already read certain posts.
I know all of this is very time consuming and we all applaud you for it. AND sometimes suggestions are simply that - not criticisms.
Peter is right about many of us not having businesses that are affected by this board - however people like me are fully invested in Belize and the economy does affect us.
I also believe in 'fighting' fair and this is not a place for name calling - those posts should always be deleted. There are always ways of making a point without being mean or destructive.
Harriette

Harriette
Take only pictures leave only bubbles
Ya, I had thought about that too (now I'm agreeing with P1 and Scubaldy - watch out world!!).

A section for people who have a vested interest in Belize. Marty, put it at the BOTTOM of the list! laugh

Oh, my bad. I thought this was a Dating site.

On a serious note. Who's tourism? i.e. dollars going where? And whats a "moaning mini"? Sounds like the beginning of a witch hunt. Belize is raw in many ways and that's why we love it, why there's opportunity, and part of the attraction is as a retirement or lifestyle transition. Seems to me if the people who live here are chatting about things to keep the island a great place then we have to expect that it won't always be great press. But in the long run, perhaps as things grow and evolve here it will continue to be a great place as a result of addressing issues. If the goal of this site is to be glossy commercial promotion then having a forum may have been a bad idea. There are lots of readers on this site. Loads of traffic. But the people who do contribute should be respected as such. They do so without pay and add to the attraction this site is.

yes indeed, sacred cows make the tastiest burgers.

If you must choose between two evils, pick the one you've never tried before.
I always wondered how they tolerated you inviting backpackers to "their" island..

They are a lot more superficial than you think..

ps, if you delete this i will ask marty to put it back , like he did my name ambergriscaye... thank you

Page 1 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8

Link Copied to Clipboard
March
S M T W T F S
1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 304 guests, and 0 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums44
Topics79,199
Posts500,011
Members20,460
Most Online7,413
Nov 7th, 2021

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.