Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3
J
OP Offline
J
I am going to be moving to Belize in a few months and would like to purchase a business that my wife and I can run with few headaches.

P
pedro2
pedro2
P
No such beast!

J
OP Offline
J
any turnkey...preferably related to tourism

P
pedro2
pedro2
P
Everything here is for sale at the right price, but unless you have specific skills which you want to exploit (in which case you will already have some ideas as to what you can do) you need to tread quite carefully. Best live here for a few months first, then look very hard before you jump. I think you'll find turnkey hard to achieve.

J
OP Offline
J
Thank you very much. Does anyone else have any ideas?

B
B
Pedro2 is correct. There is lots for sale. One place to look is in the real estate section of ambergriscaye.com. Several of the various real estate establishments list businesses that are for sale. If interested you most likely could email the agent for additional info. For instance there is a liquor store that includes inventory and a new sub shop that are listed. Both appear to be pretty much turnkey. BUT...best to come down for a bit and get they lay of the land and see for yourself. See you on the beach!

M
M
You are wanting to buy a buissness and retire in a country you have never visited. Are you nuts? keith

Originally Posted by mobow
You are wanting to buy a buissness and retire in a country you have never visited. Are you nuts? keith

And why is this so common? I would never think of living anywhere or buying anything I hadn't seen before. Interested in why someone would do this.

I think it is common and makes fine sense to invest (in a business or property that you might rent out for example) in an area you are educated about and have researched. Many people used to purchase investment properties or businesses in Las Vegas when I was an agent there without seeing them or coming... however they studied and researched the rate of appreciation during that time and made their investment.

Investing in a business abroad is another story. Many items vary in another country and it can be quite a struggle to start a business without having been there or lived there. Anything is possible, just may be quite difficult having not been there to start a business! Best wishes.

Last edited by Kra-Z-K-VIKINGS; 07/03/07 11:52 AM.
J
OP Offline
J
Its simple. I have bought and sold several businesses for a profit in different states. I have read alot about the area of AC and like what I have seen. I am also coming there tommorow on a visit to look at houses. I know that there are many turnkey operations out there that would be profitable. I'm sure that people have come to Belize and bought into a turnkey operation and either sustained or grew the business.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3

Link Copied to Clipboard
March
S M T W T F S
1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 332 guests, and 0 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums44
Topics79,199
Posts500,011
Members20,460
Most Online7,413
Nov 7th, 2021

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.