Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
K
Kymmer Offline OP
OP Offline
K
I really like the look of their cabana's and was wondering if it was the magic of internet photo's or if they are run down? Rumor that they were for sale?
Also, how do they compare to Capricorn? Anyone stayed there?
Looking for clean, romantic, thatched and secluded!
Thanks!!!

A
Anonymous
Anonymous
A
hi! i never have but will be staying nearby to there next week at journeys end. we also wanted some secluded "chill" time.
look back on this board a few more weeks and you should find some info.

B
B
Hi, I have never stayed there but I am booked to stay there the week of Thanksgiving. I really do not know much about it except from what I saw at their website but I hope it is nice. When do you plan on going?

K
Kymmer Offline OP
OP Offline
K
I'm planning on going from Oct 6 - 14th and spending the first 3 nights in the Jungle and the rest on AC! We're getting married there so I'm trying to find a really beautiful spot! We can't wait!!! It'll be our first time....to Belize anyway [Linked Image]

B
B
I wish you the best of luck. I have never been to Belize myself but it looks like there are many beautiful spots to chose from.

A
Anonymous
Anonymous
A
k - i hear they are doing some construction, you may want to find out when from them directly. i was in belize 1993 for 10 days (7 jungle, 3 A. caye at ramones)
i will be back by aug 27th from journeys end. checkout their website at journeysendresort.com they have wedding packages too. they are secluded and rather than thatched huts on the beach they have individual cabanas that appear to be nicely furnished with A/C. a dive shop, swim up bar in the pool and gourmet restaurant help choose this. kayaks, hobie cats, etc are right there and free.

i will let you know upon my return if you are interested.

H
H
Hello,
The photos on the website represent what Captain Morgan's Retreat looks like. We have a few honeymoon casitas that include a king size bed, A/C, refrigerator and mini-stereo. We also have a beautiful new open air restaurant next to the pool. There is some construction going on, but it doesn't detract from the secluded setting.

If you have any other questions, please call me at 888-653-9090.

K
Kymmer Offline OP
OP Offline
K
Thanks everyone for all your help! I've talked to the photographers out there and everyone else I could get my hands on and went with Caribbean Villa's. I'm still tracking down the best place for our 3 nights in the jungle!!!
I appreciate it though! I have a feeling Dave and I will be back for many anniversaries so we'll get a chance to experiment!!

Kymmer,
We did three nights in the jungle at duPlooy's in the Cayo District. I HIGHLY recommend it. They had great guides. It was right on the Macal River and was a very peaceful spot for a swim. they have numerous tours available, and the food there was terrific. The cabanas were fabulous, and the also have a botanical garden on sight that is to die for. The bar is a deck that hangs out over the jungle canopy. Just beautifu. In the early morning, they send fruit out into the canopy by pully to attract the tucans and parrots. Lovely. I think you should check it out.
Debbie

K
Kymmer Offline OP
OP Offline
K
Debbie,
That does sound heavenly! Have you ever been to Banana Bank? We finally decided and booked Banana Bank and Caribbean Villas! Let me know your opinion!
Thanks,
Kym

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard
March
S M T W T F S
1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 291 guests, and 0 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums44
Topics79,199
Posts500,011
Members20,460
Most Online7,413
Nov 7th, 2021

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.