Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
C
OP Offline
C
Does anyone have any recommendations or information on travelling to Antigua. We thought of taking the bus to Flores then flying. Any info would be helpful. Thanks

Have traveled many times to Antigua from San Ignacio. There is a small new bus terminal just on the other side of the river bridge going into Melchor de Minco...the name escapes me, but it is on the right side of road just several doors from the river. Anyway, the bus leaves about 9PM and arrives in Guatemala City about 5AM. From there, I usually take a taxi to board "chicken bus" to Antigua. The taxi driver will know where to find it. The bus is basically an express bus...although it has no restrooms and is abit shabby. Also from Flores...a first class AC/restroom bus travels from 10PM to 6AM to Guatemala City. Much better bus. Good luck!!

Gone fishing!!
Bill, do you remember what the cost of the bus from Flores to GC is?

M
M
mmm..about 85 - 90 queztales one way depending on the service. That's just the fee from Flores to GC. Buses go fast down CA-1 (fun but intense!) Be aware and watch your gear, both in Flores and at the terminal in Zona 1 (GC) at night or after hours.

I just checked at Cayeboard Connections here on Caye Caulker and to answer my own question, From Flores Guatemala to Guatemala City, the first class deluxe (my type of bus) is $35 U.S. one way (267 quetzals) and the economy class bus is $20 U.S. (152 quetzals) one way. The current exchange rate is 7.64 Q to $1 U.S.

P
P
Get to Flores and take TAG airlines to Guatemala City and take a van to Antigua. Tag is cheap and flys internally in Guatemala but is hard to get a hold of. They do not have internet or a website. Your travel agent will not use them because they do not have those kind of relationships. ie. keep the cost down.

C
C
Yes TAG has a website, I just looked at it and prices have gone up, used to be around $50 one way now its over $100 one way. Best to find site under Tikal Airlines, not sure but think TAG stands for Tikal Air Guatemala

LONELY PLANET SAYS TOURIST LOVE OUR ART. BEST PRICES ON ART.

Link Copied to Clipboard
March
S M T W T F S
1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 250 guests, and 0 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums44
Topics79,199
Posts500,011
Members20,460
Most Online7,413
Nov 7th, 2021

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.