Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#242807 07/11/07 06:36 PM
A
OP Offline
A
I just booked our tickets to Belize City for November, so our first trip to Belize is now official! I now need to book transportation from Belize City to Ambergris.

Am I correct that Tropic Air is the way to fly (or the only way)?

Any reason not to make the reservation on their website?

Lastly, on our return flight, we are on the 4:50pm flight from Belize City to Houston. Should we take the Tropic Air flight that gets into Belize City at 2:17pm or 3:17pm? On our last day, we obviously want to spend as much time in Ambergris as possible, and as little time at the Belize City airport. But is 1:33 enought time between flights, or should we take the earlier flight so we have more room for error?

Thanks!

Tropic or Maya Air .. either one

The 3:17 flight back to BZE will be Plenty of time to make your Connection. With a 4:50 take off from BZE to go back home I'd even book a later flight out of San Pedro. Say, 3:45 Or there abouts. This is not LA, Chi, Houston, Or NY type of Airport. You can Dang near walk from one plane to the next.Departure from BZE is a snap.
When in NOV are you going to be there? Myself and a few great people from this board will be there 10-17 Nov. I'll even buy you a Belikins at BC's.. Wait!!! no you can buy me a beer at BC's laugh

Last edited by BiIl Mc Ghee; 07/11/07 10:32 PM.

Never Use money to measure wealth
If you are staying at a decent hotel (and I think they all are), they will make all the arrangements for you. Just tell them, and you don't have to worry about a thing.

BIil and I will have to duke it our on the chat board tonight :), but I would not leave much later than the 3:17 flight back to BZE. I've had two very close calls with the ticket counter at BZE and paying exit taxes -- both times I allowed around 90-minutes.

Book online with Tropic or Maya -- I've done both and had no problems.

Enjoy!

I will have a Belikin -- put it on klcman's tab.
Ha Ha. I'd never Duke it out with Ya Otter..
I just never had any close calls. Lucky I guess.
I will say this tho , the last time the line to pay the Exit tax was longer than I was use to. But that didn't take more than 10 minutes. I have always booked my flt with the Exit tax included, don't know if that speeds it up or not.

Ok: Across777, Go with Otter's suggestion. I'd hate to be the reason you spent another day In SP smile

you're learning BiIl. I'll have my wife call you so you can explain the wisdom that comes from listening to the Otter. wink

Buy you ticket with the tax already built in - much quicker.

Also, when you go to enter the departure lounge where they double check your tickets and xray your shoes, there is an identical departure area on the opposite side of airport. So if one line too is long, run over to the other side (you won't have your luggage at this point.)

laugh Anyone who thinks PURPLE is not one I want to duke it out with..

I'm not even sure if I want to listen to them either. smile

but I'll have a beer with ya!!

Great stuff Amanda!! I need to heed your advice. Flying if FF miles limits my options with departure tax, but I need to look into other options.

And BiIl -- that beer is long overdue my man -- first round is on me.

Link Copied to Clipboard
March
S M T W T F S
1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 308 guests, and 0 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums44
Topics79,199
Posts500,011
Members20,460
Most Online7,413
Nov 7th, 2021

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.