Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#24311 08/14/00 09:47 AM
P
pick Offline OP
OP Offline
P
Re: Capt. Morgan's Retreat. We have stayed there twice, gone south to Placencia once and are going back to AC in November. We can recommend Capt. Morgan's to you. Their casitas are comfortable and last year they had installed air conditioning. Food was good, they were building a new dining room and main house, should be finished by now. We think it fits the parameters you discussed. Congratulations, enjoy.

#24312 08/16/00 10:00 AM
B
B
thank you for that information. I am going to be staying at Captain Morgans this November and I am glad to get input from someone that has stayed there. Sounds like you really enjoyed it there.

#24313 11/21/00 12:08 PM
C
C
In reply to your post...

Captain Morgan's Retreat just completed a $1,000,000.00 renovation witch includes among other items a new restaurant, new bar, several new deluxe villa units, 14 newly renovated cabanas, new office and activity center, new 8 person Jacuzzi, new tour boats, and new activity equipment.

Each deluxe villa features air conditioning, thatched roofs, kitchens, breakfast nooks, living rooms, hardwood floors, handmade wicker furniture, queen size beds with a pull out sofa in the living room, large bathrooms and are located directly on the beach with nothing in between your room and the water's edge but soft white sand.

The newly renovated cabanas (cabins) are constructed out of the traditional Maya materials (palmetto siding and bay palm thatched roofs). These units have been redesigned and decorated by a Hollywood set designer, as they will be featured in an upcoming series on Fox TV. They feature air conditioning, king size or queen size beds, mini bars, CD players, clock/radios, purified water coolers, textiles handmade by the Maya Indians of the Western Highlands of Guatemala, the best in linens, linen robes, hardwood floors, hair dryers, digital safes and set on one of the best beaches on the Caye with nothing in between you and the water's edge.

Located three miles north of town and only 1/4 mile from the Barrier Reef, in an ideal setting, Captain Morgan's will provide you with a tranquil Caribbean Sea and a spacious un-crowded beach. Located just next door (5 min walk on the beach to the south) is Capricorn Restaurant. Some consider Capricorn to be the best restaurant in the entire country of Belize. I personally agree to this claim. A ten-minute walk on the beach to the north will land you at Rendezvous House featuring French-Thai cuisine. Two doors up from Rendezvous is The Tamarind Grill located at Journey's End. The Island Ferry operates throughout the day and the night. This service offers a ride to town and to the north for $5. Many take a five-minute ride to Mata Chica which is known for Mediterranean cuisine and exceptional ambiance. Many will admit that the north end of Ambergris Caye has all the finer eating establishments. For those who want to go into town, Captain Morgan's has scheduled boats or a $5 ride on the Island Ferry will get you there in less than 15 minutes.

On property is the newly constructed Buena Vista Restaurant, which features the best in seafood and Belizean dishes. The new in door bar and "Beach Bar" can fix you the most exotic drinks while you relax in the pool or beachside Jacuzzi. Enrique speacilizes in making "Dirty Bananas".

Albert, the Activities Director, will assist you with any tour or adventure you may desire. If staying home for the day you may choose to read a book in one of the many beach chairs or hammocks, lounge by the fresh water pool, play beach volley ball, take a kayak out to the reef for a little snorkeling or spear fishing, fish off the dock (snapper, barracuda, bone fish), explore the mangrove lagoon, comb the beach, ride a bike down the beach and into town or do nothing at all.

The previously wide beach has grown considerably wider since Hurricane Mitch of 1998. The white sand beach at Captain Morgan's is very large for Ambergris Caye. Soon to be installed is a underwarter park and snorkel trail just off the pier.

Please look for yourself at our website: www.belizevacation.com

[Linked Image]

CB

#24314 11/23/00 01:41 PM
P
P
Stayed at Captain morgans twice, once with just my my fiance, and then a year later we took 17 people back to Belize for our wedding. When we stayed there the first time it wass run by this great guy named Hugh Parkey. When we returned with all of our family Hugh was gone. The new manager was a woman and I don't recall her name at the moment, but the place had gone downhill. BAD BAD BAD service, items were STOLEN out of our cabanas, and the truly sad part was no one with the company in Michigan that books the rooms seemed to care.

Now it seems like they are tring to compete with Ramon's, Which is LOUD and full of people who are in Belize to PARTY, which is fine but why go to Belize when Cancun is cheaper and more of a party place. Too bad because the first trip to Belize was GREAT partially because Captain Morgans was so laid back and well run. Now if I know of anyone going to Belize I warn them about Captain Morgans.

If you have any questions about Belize that I can answer drop me a line at [email protected]

#24315 11/24/00 11:33 AM
U
U
That a bit odd. Captain Morgan's got some really good posts on this board, recent ones, and on the Belize Forums at belizenet.com. Perhaps things have changed for the better. I'm booked in due to the great posts and the report from FOX TV and Fodors. They only have 20 rooms, how can they compete with Ramon's?

#24316 11/24/00 12:12 PM
Lotsa very happy folks write in about great experiences at Capt. Morgans. I had a restaurant for 20 years. and in any service business, occasionally there are folks who are not happy, due to various circumstances, sometimes under your control.

Captain Morgans is a great place, that has made many a friend over the years.

#24317 11/25/00 02:07 AM
P
P
I'm not doubting anyone's ability to be happy with captain morgans, I was one of those people on my first trip, however the point I was making is that I was much happier on my first trip, AND the place had gone downhill. Unless they changed management I am willing to bet people will continue to be unhappy.

I too own a service business, and anyone who knows ANYTHING about customer service is that ONE unhappy customer is one too many. I do realize that management changes, people come and go but the companys non response to people who brought them over $10,000 worth of business is dreadful, I can only imagine that they care less about someone bringing $1000.00 or less. Just something to consider. Please let me know about your experience on the trip, I hope it is a good one!

Link Copied to Clipboard
March
S M T W T F S
1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 327 guests, and 0 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums44
Topics79,199
Posts500,011
Members20,460
Most Online7,413
Nov 7th, 2021

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.