Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
M
monkey Offline OP
OP Offline
M
I have been pouring over the message boards and have seen both good and bad things about Ramone's Village. We are trying to find a great honeymoon spot. Ramone's seems very pricey compared to others. Some folks say it is loud and not all that great. I did hear that it is the only resort that clears the seagrass away so you can swim from the beach as opposed to a pier. This was one of the main reasons we were thinking about going to Ramone's. Is this true or is there any other resort that might have both a pool and beach swimming and a good bar/restaurant? Any suggestions would be appreciated. Also we are coming the second week of September. We have been told that it is it is the worst of the rainy season. Can anyone tell me what to expect? Rain all day? Afternoons? At night?
Thanks

Ramon's is overpriced in my opinion.
The landscaping/pool is very nice.
The "huts" vary considerably. ie the back units are not worth it, some don't have a view of the water, they are small rooms not luxury suites.
Due to the reef the water at the beach/shore is very shallow, if you want to swim instead of walk in ankle deep water you will be walking out as far as the end of a dock anyhow. (That is why there are docks because the water is too shallow to put boats in closer!)
Many nice places have a pool, sea swimming (dock)and a bar/restaurant at reasonable prices. There can be good snorkeling at the docks, we love Victoria House and Amigo's del Mar piers for snorkeling. Ramon's has good snorkelling at their dock too, but you don't have to stay there to use it.
We prefer to save money on the room because we spend it on activities like fishing, snorkeling, shelling, golf carts, etc.
Belize it! and Good Luck

A
Anonymous
Anonymous
A
everyone here has an opinion about everything so here's mine: i stayed at ramones 7 yrs ago. it is fun, we had a terrific time, but no, i didn't think it was that great and i am staying elsewhere when i come next week. don't get me wrong, it has a certain, well, island feel, but so do many of the other places. it is laid back, not luxurious. the gardens were beautifully landscaped, the guests friendly. i hear the restaurant is now just okay.

there are places there for every taste. it vastly depends what you are looking for in a vacation: party, peace & quiet, dive everyday, etc. i chose journeys end (check out their website journeysendresort.com), and i hear victoria house is nice. read this board back a few months.

A
Anonymous
Anonymous
A
oh, p.S. - in '93 we went mid sept. it rained terribly the first day in and was warm and sunny the next 9 days (sprinkle or two).

If money was not a issue for a honeymoon, I'd stay at Victoria House. Not much to do, but enjoy each others company in a truely pristine, private paradise. Its a bit far from the beaten path, but ya did say honeymoon. The menu features some wonderful choices and everything at Victoria House is first class. Ask for Oscar at the resturant. One nice guy.

Gone fishing!!
A lot of folks do like Ramon's, their pool is to die for... //AmbergrisCaye.com/wallpaper/art/ramon_pool2sm.jpg
//AmbergrisCaye.com/wallpaper/art/ramon_poolsm.jpg

Not that expensive for food either. Great beach, real nice dive shop. I have a lot of friends who stay there that love it.

There are so many wonderful places.

C
C
While working for Ramon's I have spoken with many couples who have spent their honeymoon with us and some who have gotten married there as well. The staff at Romon's treats all their guest special, but they really want honeymooners to enjoy their stay. The accommodations have a very 'islandy' (if that's a word) feel and you will soon know the staff on a first name basis.

The fact that our resort seems to stay booked even though it is a little higher priced speaks for itself and we have many, many return guest who would not think of staying anywhere else.

K
K
Hi,
I use to work at Victoria House and Journey's End, know the island well and would be glad to explain in detail various places that would be nice for a honeymoon. Some wonderful places to choose from. Feel free to email me at [email protected]

Karen Pasquariello

Link Copied to Clipboard
April
S M T W T F S
1 2 3 4 5 6
7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 27
28 29 30
Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 276 guests, and 0 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums44
Topics79,204
Posts500,029
Members20,468
Most Online7,413
Nov 7th, 2021

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.