Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
Marty Offline OP
OP Offline
NOTICE

The Management and Staff of the famous //ambergriscaye.com/caramba/ , wishes to inform all its customers and friends, that we will be closing for vacations for a period of one month. While closed we will be remodeling and installing our new state of the art kitchen equipment that was recently purchased to meet the high standards that our clients deserve while dining with us. We highly appreciate your patronage for the year 2006/7 and hope for your continued support for this upcoming season.

Our closing dates are from August 8 thru September 5, 2007.

Thanks,
Rene

Wow a month off in august , a re-do on the kitchen .Rene must hit a big jackpot..Have fun ,good for you !! Your a nice guy and deserve it ..

Living The Dream Every Day!
Any chance to remodel the service staff too?

I've eaten there twice, and both times not only were they out of what I ordered, but the staff was rude and consistently reminded us throughout the meal and after that tips were not included.

The service I experienced at Carambas was fortunately unlike anything I experienced elsewhere in Belize and specifically in San Pedro.

i LOVE caramba. I eat there every chance i get. i find the service to be impecable ALL the time, and i think that the owner has done a wonderful job of creating a lovely little restaurant.

Dead Serious
Are you really serious? I have eaten there many many times throughout the years and I have never witnessed anything like this. I have witnessed rude and noisy groups of people who disturbed the entire restaurant and still did not see the staff being anything but king. There were a couple of groups I would have liked to have kicked out myself.
If you remember Rene started with a little narrow place and each August he has closed and expanded. And it seems to have always paid off for him as his place is usually full even when others are near empty.

Harriette
Take only pictures leave only bubbles
JZB Offline
The best place for whole fried hog snapper with hot sauce! Staff has always been wonderful to us, even if we just pass them by on the street we always get a wave. Unfortunatly, they have the worst coleslaw on the island.

I think it is a real nice place ,not fancy but good shrimp burrito,rice and beans ,and yes jzb .the worst cole slaw on the island!!!!!!! Now at times times have felt some of the new staff as being a little aggressive to pushing drinks ?? but that they also do that at places in new york , to run the bill up so they make more tips .And I hate being called chief or buddy. And after I tell them in spanish to relax and to cool it , they laugh as they are a fun group.But on a over veiw a good local place ,with very good prices and on my must do each trip lunch list..

Last edited by captjeff; 07/28/07 10:07 AM.

Living The Dream Every Day!
I am serious. Honestly, it was the only bad experience in all of my time in Belize. And the problems were consistent in both of my visits to Carumbas in both of my visits to San Pedro. Someone told me last visit that the owners were off island that week and that was probably the cause, but either way, I can only report my experience.

We didn't have a problem with the crowds while there, but we were with my folks the last time and ate a little early and there weren't a lot of customers in the place at the time... which made the poor service and lack of food that much more startling.

I'm willing to give them another chance on my next visit. We'll probably be down for a month next time, so I might even give them a couple of chances. But I'll report my experience honestly either way.

I always laugh when I think of this place. A waiter once told my friend she was getting fat. That thought is good for a laugh.

Saturday night I had shrimp fajitas there. I have been taught the Belize way of eating. Instead of piling everything on a tortilla and rolling it up then stuffing one end in my mouth while good stuff oozes out the other end try this. Tear a piece off a tortilla just about the size of a chip. Spread sour cream and salsa on it. Sprinkle with hot sauce (if you like that sort of thing) then lay a piece of meet and some of the sautéed vegetables on top and pop the whole thing in your mouth. You don't loose a bit of that good juicy stuff and not nearly as likely to drip on your boobs.
There servings are always so big I bring enough home for dinner the next night.

AND they always serve complimentary cheviche. Since conch is out of season it was shrimp right now.

Travel queen - I've been told that is a compliment. Of course they could be pulling my leg.

Harriette
Take only pictures leave only bubbles
Page 1 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard
March
S M T W T F S
1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 299 guests, and 0 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums44
Topics79,199
Posts500,011
Members20,460
Most Online7,413
Nov 7th, 2021

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.