Next Thread
Print Thread
#241649 06/26/07 07:12 PM
R
Rach72 Offline OP
OP Offline
R
hi there!
I'm spending my honeymoon in AC in November and am getting a little scared about the mosquito posts frown Can anyone give me a little more honest, please smile info about how bad they are that time of year? We're coming on Nov. 12 and will be there through the 21st. Can't wait to come, just want to know if I need to bring an extra bag for bug spray wink
Cheers!

Oh and we are staying at Belizean Shores if that makes a difference....

Last edited by Rach72; 06/26/07 07:14 PM.
We've been down in November the last two years and are going again from the 10th to the 20th this year. We've never had problems with the skeeters on the oceanfront and only occasionally on the back streets. The worst place is on any sidestreet/road that has dense vegetation on either side (thus, no breeze) and is near standing water. That said, it's no worse than here in the Midwest on a still summer night, and, on the beach, MUCH better. Fear not, just spray and play grin!!

When you find a big kettle of crazy, it's best not to stir it.
S
S
I was there for Thanksgiving a few years back and the skeeters were BAD - I tried to use the public telephone accross from banana beach one day and it was so bad I had to tell my mom I would e mail her later. Every day it rained a bit and that would bring them all out. We took a golf cart North and one bit my friend and i smacked it and it was a blood bath - I have not gone back in Nov since. But the ocean front was better than other areas. And one day we went to the golf island and was never bothered by any bugs there.

C
C
Mosquitos come with the rain,we do have rainy seasons, two. But you cant tell the rain that. Except for this last week we havnt had them for a few months. You wont get them on the reef side beaches and you cant plan a trip around them.

LONELY PLANET SAYS TOURIST LOVE OUR ART. BEST PRICES ON ART.
mosquitos are a part of life on the island. Buy Sawyers Broad Spectrum, its the BEST. it works like magic against sand flies and sand flies as well as squeeters, and it doesnt stink, and it isnt sticky. You just get used to spraying before you leave the house, no big deal. Get a travel size bottle to pour the stuff in and keep in your wifes purse. Just a part of life, but nothing to make you "buggy" about.

http://www.herbalhealer.com/biteblocker.html

I found the above for a good mosquito repellant.

EL-777

B
B
They are REALLY bad about 5-8 days a year. Other than that, it's standard...make sure you wear OFF at dusk, early in the morning. Not so bad.

Eldorado777

That looks good have you use it here and found it effective?

San Pedro based Belize Blog since 2007 - great travel resources & discounts https://tacogirl.com/

Link Copied to Clipboard
March
S M T W T F S
1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 151 guests, and 0 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums44
Topics79,198
Posts500,015
Members20,458
Most Online7,413
Nov 7th, 2021

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.