Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
#244282 08/04/07 02:13 AM
C
Canam Offline OP
OP Offline
C
Looking to buy a gas-powered cart but have heard to stay away from a certain dealer...anyone have any recommendations on min year and decent make (EZ-GO vs CC) for a fair price from a fair dealer?? Also looking for a scooter....

Canam #244287 08/04/07 09:21 AM
Club Car is more durable for the San Pedro conditions. Cholo's behind the fire station is a great person to deal with. Very honest and superior service.

I'm happier than a pig in s__t...a foot on the sand...and a Belikin in my hand!
Question: Why do you want a gas cart? Some people need a gas one but the electric ones are much quieter and gas is very expensive.
Why not Yamaha? Everyone who rides in my electric Yamaha is amazed at the ride. I have a four seater with 800 lb. luggage carrier on the back. I had a lift package and heavy duty springs added as well as over sized aluminum wheels. Since I got mine over a year ago there have been a lot of the big (six and 8 seats) ones showing up.

Harriette
Take only pictures leave only bubbles
C
Canam Offline OP
OP Offline
C
I've heard/experienced that the gas carts engines are a little more reliable, and batteries/charging can get expensive and a little tedious. Has this changed? Do you mind me asking roughly how much you paid for your Yamaha?

Canam #244363 08/05/07 06:03 PM
I believe ScubaLady paid $21,000 US. It's an extremely nice cart if you're on a "Mercedes" budget!

Sorry! I think is was $21,000 BZ.......come on Harriet help me out smile

Gas carts generally cost more, but you don't have the hassle of making sure your electric cart is charged all the time.

I personally like the quiet of the electric, but there have been a few times that I didn't think I'd make it home on my charge!

C
Canam Offline OP
OP Offline
C
Hmmm...well I def don't have the funds for something that nice, but I do like them hum of the electric car versus the lawn-mower sound of the gas cart! Maybe I'll just strap a motor to my bike and call it an even wash...

Canam #244379 08/05/07 10:47 PM
Close Al! Yes, it was $24,000 BZ - but that was all inclusive, including taxes, customs, shipping, upgrades, etc.
There larger carts have better batteries too and hold a charge a lot longer. I have driven up to a friends house by Mexico Rocks (took 45 minutes each way) and back on one charge. I simply plug it in every night.
Canam - ATV's have become very popular here and your joke about a motor on you bike is not a bad idea. There are more and more motorcycles here too. You just need to decide what your purpose is.
I have a lot of company that are divers. When two people and all their gear arrive here we do not all fit on a small golf cart. That's why I have what I have.

Harriette
Take only pictures leave only bubbles
C
Canam Offline OP
OP Offline
C
Wow - more than I thought to thnk about lol. Appreciate the info all. I'll let you know what I decide upon!

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard
March
S M T W T F S
1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 353 guests, and 0 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums44
Topics79,199
Posts500,011
Members20,460
Most Online7,413
Nov 7th, 2021

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.