BelizeNews.com BelizeSearch.com BelizePhotographs.com Lodging

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4
H
OP Offline
H
We are planning our first trip to Belize. Looking at 8 or 9 days in September. Found a place we are considering-Dianes Beach House on Caulker Caye. Anyone familiar with this house? Good location? If so is it within walking distance of town for groceries, restaurants, bars and snorkeling? Any recommendations for other places to stay? We want a kitchen so we can cook some meals and save some $.

Thanks for any advise/help or suggestions!

Vicki and Dale

I used to skinny dip-now I chunky dunk!
Diane's is right in the action, walking distance to everything. Diane is one of the famous Auxillou sisters who have adjacent condo-tels on the front right near the water taxi. I have not been inside all of the sister's rooms, but they are generally VERY nice for Caye Caulker and you get what you pay for...

Other sites I would check out if a kitchen is required:

Bobbi
www.cayecaulkeraccommodations.com

Amanda
www.cayecaulkerrentals.com

On Caye Caulker isn't EVERTHING within walking distance?

Harriette
Take only pictures leave only bubbles
H
OP Offline
H
Thanks for the response KBNYC. Since this is our first time in Belize, I'm doing what I always do-some basic trip research so we know the lay of the land-even though it may be just a small island!
Another question if you don't mind. I've read that the water taxis are around $15. Is that per person? In US $ or BZD? Also, can you purchase a ticket that allows you to use the ferry more that once? Like a pass for a week or so many trips? Sorry for all the questions, but I hate flying blind.

K
K
US$9 each way per person- no weekly tickets.I have visited nearly every unit in the links above.Dianes is the nicest apt.in the village for rent.

Cheers Dane
H
OP Offline
H
Thanks for quick response,. Now we just have to nail down the airfare, email Diane and start packing! CC here we come!

C
C
Not that it matters but water taxi is $7.50 each way. They actually lowered the fare some time ago, after they raised it??? Its $15 US R.T. Dianes is a good choice,

LONELY PLANET SAYS TOURIST LOVE OUR ART. BEST PRICES ON ART.
C
C
Their are several great deals on airfare, $399 RT from East Coast, West Coast, and points inbetween, with Taxes about $445. United, Continental, American, Taca have all seemed to join in. The sale was suppose to be over Aug6, but most have extended it. Must travel by Dec 21.

H
OP Offline
H
Cooper, where did you find these deals? I have searched every airline and online travel service that I can think of and the cheapest I have found is around $700.00 from the east coast and that is with an overnight layover. Would appreciate the help! The more money we save on flights the more snorkeling, diving and belikens we can buy!
Vicki

C
C
Look on the airlines web site,not expedia, kayak etc. Then search deals, or web specials, you have to read fare rules as these fares are only good on certain days of the week, like tues, wed, and sat.Travel for most these fares are good for use between Aug 30, and Dec 21. as I said at first tickets had to be purchased by Aug 6th but some airlines extended that. I am off to San Pedro in a few minutes, when I get back this afternoon I will check again and put up some links.

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4

Link Copied to Clipboard
March
S M T W T F S
1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 297 guests, and 0 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums44
Topics79,199
Posts500,011
Members20,460
Most Online7,413
Nov 7th, 2021

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com Picture of the Day