Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#24519 08/19/00 12:29 PM
C
OP Offline
C
I just wanted to know if you need to pack a light jacket or long pants for the evenings? This might be a dumb questions, I just wanted to know how cool it gets in the evenings in March and April. I want to pack 10 bathings suits, one pair of shorts, and one shirt for my trip and NO JACKETS!! I get enought of that in Michigan!

I think it is best to bring a windbreaker jacket, and one pair of lightweight long pants, just incase, you might need them.
Remember you will feel cool after diving and snorkeling. Hopefully you will not need them.

Dare To Deviate
C
OP Offline
C
Thanks, Chloe......okay.....maybe one teeny tiny light jacket, then.

What I do is wear a pair of jeans and a nice shirt on the plane, since planes are usually too cool. Then I'll have a pair of long pants there, just in case. I also used to bring older clothes and give them to the nice local who has been helping you out. Belizians love anything American. I've got to pry Garcia's New Orleans shirt off him. That will leave ya with plenty of room in your bags for local art work, Belizian T-shirts and Cuban Cigars.

Gone fishing!!
C
C
CR,
The main thing to bring is a poncho for the unexpected rain you may encounter while touring (in the jungle or on a boat going 35+ mph in the rain).. YUP, it get's cold! BT is totally correct when he says the Belizeans love anything American. On my last trip I gave away two ballcaps to tour guides.

C
OP Offline
C
I never even thought of doing such a simple nice gesture such as giving away my clothes, but I'll bet some of the wonderful local people would just love a Traverse City, Michigan National Cherry Festival sweatshirt or two!! Thanks for the tips, everyone!

Hey Rosy... I wouldn't mind one of those Traverse City Cherry Festival T-shirts myself. I've been on the look out for one. And is ya give some Belizian that shirt, I wouldn't be surprized if some Belizians show up at the festival, to find out what the heck is a cherry. The only cherry I've found in San Pedo is the ones that Oscar serves in my Diet Pepsi at the Holiday Hotel. PS. He doesn't usually serve cherrys with diet pepsi, but he is trying to make up for not showing up at his party at Laguna Punta. Take care.

Gone fishing!!

Link Copied to Clipboard
March
S M T W T F S
1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 294 guests, and 0 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums44
Topics79,199
Posts500,011
Members20,460
Most Online7,413
Nov 7th, 2021

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.