Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
#245234 08/16/07 07:18 PM
J
OP Offline
J
Well, I'm getting married on Ambergris Caye in Feb. 2008. I am getting married on the beach and having our reception by the pool at our resort. My problem... I need chairs and tables. I was quoted $10 US and $25 per table for rental. Well, I have 40 people coming, so that adds up to a lot of money and sounds very expensive for just a rental. Is there anyone that knows any other place that will rent white folding chairs? I don't care what the tables look like, as I will probably have table cloths. Any help would be so greatly appreciated!!!

sweeet! Can't help you with the rental, but congrats! IMHO, you picked the best time on AC -- fabulous choice! Wish I had done the same.

I will have a Belikin -- put it on klcman's tab.
J
OP Offline
J
Thanks... I am VERY excited. It has been a little difficult to plan things because there is very few choices for flowers, caterers, etc. I am not picky, but it seems that the prices are so expensive, probably because there is very little competition. I wish we would have just eloped and got married just us two so I wouldn't have to worry about all of the planning.

What resort are you staying at? They ought to be able to help you make all the arrangements. There are very few rental places on the island.

J
OP Offline
J
Xanadu... they are trying to help me with the arrangements. They said that is only place she knew of and that is their price. I just thought I'd see if anyone hear maybe knew of any other place or locals that would have tables/chairs to rent, or maybe someone who was in the same situation as me. Just a try, I guess.

jessie, I sure you have been misquoted. Have you been working with Susan from Xanadu? Have her check with Dulce Wolfe who puts on many weddings. I think you will find a big difference in prices.

I'm happier than a pig in s__t...a foot on the sand...and a Belikin in my hand!
J
OP Offline
J
Yes, I've been working with Susan, and she said that was the only rental place, and that is the price. Actually, she quoted me $3/chair just a couple months ago, but she said they increased their price to $10/chair. What a rediculous inflation! I thought it was a misquote too! I am working with Dulce on my flowers. I guess I'll ask her about chairs and tables as well. Thanks!

$10 per chair.....that's BS. I just know you can get them a whole lot less than that.

You do not need "folding" chairs just those white molded chairs that work just fine and I know they do not cost that much!

J
OP Offline
J
I agree, it does sound fishy to me... just like my caterer changing her mind on including the tables and chairs in the price and many other people that have gone back on their written word to me. It has not been a fun experience at all. Yes, I would be fine with the white plastic molded chairs, and I've told Susan that. She has told me that she did know of some pastic chairs that were cheaper, but she has told me several times that they were cracked and very bad shape and I would not want them for my wedding... even after I have told her several times I do not want to pay $10 for each chair or $400 for 40. I could buy a plastic chair for $10 each in the US, let alone rent one.

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard
March
S M T W T F S
1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 120 guests, and 0 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums44
Topics79,199
Posts500,011
Members20,460
Most Online7,413
Nov 7th, 2021

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.