Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 3 of 3 1 2 3
That was Pisano..he'd already strong armmed that brute Skinny and was making for the door at mach speed. Good grief does the ol' bird look better with a shave and a haircut. Not a lot better but better. Pretty much smells the same, though. I loved his latest scam with the water bottle deposits. THAT was funny!

J
J
you'd think that all the loudest complainers about traffic problems would have some good constructive ideas. But no, just silly jokes.Sad.

Jesus, we would love to hear your constructive ideas, to improve the traffic problem.

Dare To Deviate
Better yet, Jesus, give us some good jokes about the traffic.

Gone fishing!!
Jesus,
Your comments is well taken...however if you read the early posts you will note several suggestions such as moving the heavy stuff to the back road and actually enforcing the existing regulations you will realize that this did indeed start out on a serious, constructive tone.

BUT....getting anything like that done in SP sometime in the next 10-20 years is, well, somewhat humorous in itself. Therefore the jesting commences to give the real tone of San Pedro...it's just one heck of a lot of fun.

Bill and Choochoo said it best, but I have noticed, San Pedro draws the fun loving tourist also. It seems we can have the best of fun, with the basics sand sun water food and rum, we do not need big impressive attractions. It would be great to work out the traffic situation for all, here I go with fun, how much has the traffic light helped? lol

Dare To Deviate
I sent all my suggestions, observations and ideas directly to the town council as was requested in the original message. Were we not supposed to do that??????
Debbie

E
E
I have not been to AC yet....will be there in 5 days...I decided on AC because it does not have the typical busy traffic that you see in developed resort areas. I would think the majority of people that come to AC appreciate this. However...what do the locals think? They live there? I come from a place with dirt roads and no traffic in Norway.I now live in the city. I deal with pollution and traffic everyday. I guess I've learned to appreciate what I used to have...but I did not think this way when I drove on dirt roads everyday.Thats all....

A
Anonymous
Anonymous
A
guys, you have given all these new-bies the idea there is like U.S. traffic here! it is not at all the same thing as going to the caribbean islands (regarding traffic) not to belittle the islands concerns, just attention to the 1st time visitors. they are talking as opposed to several years ago when there were NO CARS OR TRUCKS AT ALL, but now there are several included construction vehicles. the roads are not paved, but there are many more carts and vans now than i saw in 1993, and never saw a taxi back then. was there last week and i had no problems walking though town, very confident even when alone. i did not bike or cart it, and like here, walked the right side of shoulder. NO PROBLEM, but watch behind you now and then. as for pollution, maybe some sand or dirt flying up is all! it is an improverished town (though happy) and most people, i think, cant even afford the golf carts. dont' worry. i agree with choochoo though, if it gets you where you are going, walk the beach, its cooler anyhow.

again, i understand the town's concern, it has increased quite a bit, but to the new visitor, you will laugh at what they are calling traffic. it isnt quite what you think. hope i haven't offended anyone.

ps - marty - if the town is concerned about tourist opinions (maybe not!), the trash and sewage, aside from front street but especially around the boatyard area, could be addressed. staying at JE north of the cut i had to catch my water taxi there often. friendly smiling folks but kinda dirty, smelly area. bothered me much more than the traffic. again, please, no offense intended.

A
Anonymous
Anonymous
A
p.s.s.- north of cut where i was (journeys end) traffic is non-existant, as is pollution. loved the beauty and nature of it.

Page 3 of 3 1 2 3

Link Copied to Clipboard
March
S M T W T F S
1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 254 guests, and 0 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums44
Topics79,199
Posts500,011
Members20,460
Most Online7,413
Nov 7th, 2021

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.