Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 91 of 113 1 2 89 90 91 92 93 112 113
Marty #246525 08/21/07 10:03 AM
P
P
CNN is saying they have reporters all along the path yet I don't see anyone in Belize.

Marty #246526 08/21/07 10:03 AM
A
A
If anyone has post-storm CC pics I can put on the front page of the Caye Caulker Chronicles, please email it/them to me at [email protected].

Wendy Auxillou
Auxillou Beach Suites
Caye Caulker, Belize
www.auxilloubeachsuites.com
Marty #246527 08/21/07 10:06 AM
:)I just spoke with Mike Madrid & Chris Barenfanger. All is well in the Tres Cocos area. No water damage at all. I'm trying to get in touch with Linda "Wonderwoman" Carter but she isn't answering her cell phone.
The Good Lord loves AC as much as we do!! Man thanks for sparing it!! Our prayers go out to the people in Corozal.

I'm happier than a pig in s__t...a foot on the sand...and a Belikin in my hand!
No, no CNN in Belize right now. The closest CNN reporter is in Chetumal right now. CNN has been asking and taking calls and pictures from anyone in Belize that contacts them. They have increased the Belize coverage after many people emailed them last night and gave them contact info, this board, etc.

As someone in the US, I think it would be GREAT if anyone can post hurricane post-storm pictures on ambergriscaye.com. That's where most people will go to see them I think. (or post a link on there directing elsewhere)

prudygrl,
probably because Belize did get hit as hard as Mexico. They go where the serious action is I guess.
I was hoping for more Belize coverage as well.

Anyone know about the sea state more south around Dangriga? Its sounding like nothing more than a mellow rain storm down there.

Time to have the boards taken down from our house.

G
G
It's sounding like things on Ambergris faired much better than expected, and everyone should be safe.

If power is going to be online in the next few hours or this afternoon in San Pedro, what's the outlook like for the northern part of the island?

We were in an house up near Rendezvous (I hope Glenn and Colleen are safe, they said they were staying back on Sunday when we evacuated. Incredible people and their food is wonderful.

We've been staying in some pretty low end hotels in Belmopan since then and we're trying to figure out where we go from here. Our caretaker for the house indicated as soon as power is back on we're more than welcome to use the house again, but without it there is no point on going back since no power = no running water.

Basically at this point we're trying to salvage the rest of our vacation and would prefer to get back to Ambergris, but if not we're thinking of heading south to Placentia. We ran into a local at the restaurant last night, whose wife is from Seattle like us and he suggested going down there if we can't get back to Ambergris.

BTW, weather here was minimal, windy for a while, no more so than a fall windstorm in the Pacific Northwest, at least the parts I saw when awake. A fair amount of rain as well. We lost power, but only for an hour and a half.

Weather channel sucked on this. The "guy" in Puerto Aventuras seemed to be just on the fringe rather than his characterization of being in the heart of it. I did like the weather babes pronunciation "pee-or-to". Thank God for the board. Thanks Marty. And thank God that everyone seems to be safe.

Been there, done that, the washing machine ate the T-shirt
Weather channel sucked on this. The "guy" in Puerto Aventuras seemed to be just on the fringe rather than his characterization of being in the heart of it. I did like the weather babes pronunciation "pee-or-to". Thank God for the board. Thanks Marty. And thank God that everyone seems to be safe.

Been there, done that, the washing machine ate the T-shirt
S
S
Hi there, sorry i'm new here, my friends just move to San Pedro, anyway that I can get a hold of them see if they are OK.
Anybody know how bad San Pedro Is?

Last edited by Surfer999; 08/21/07 10:15 PM.
Page 91 of 113 1 2 89 90 91 92 93 112 113

Link Copied to Clipboard
March
S M T W T F S
1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 277 guests, and 0 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums44
Topics79,199
Posts500,011
Members20,460
Most Online7,413
Nov 7th, 2021

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.