Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 98 of 113 1 2 96 97 98 99 100 112 113
R
R
Anybody know anyting bout Tony's Inn in Corozal?

C
C
Any news on Xanadu Island Resort?

Algae

Old people know more about being young, than young people know about being old!
C
C
Hello all!

I have been pouring over these posts for the last couple of days. I am very glad to hear that AC seems to have weathered the storm in fairly good shape and everyone is safe.

I am currently scheduled to arrive to San Pedro on Friday evening (for the start of a vacation). I am staying at Casa de Suenos - villa north of San Pedro on the lagoon side of the island (managed by Caye Managment). As you can imagine, I am more then a little interested in the effects Dean has has on this property as well as effects on my plans in general. I am still waiting to hear back from the property management company. I assume they evacuated the island and may not even be back yet.

If anyone could provide insight into whether or not I should be considering re-thinking my plans... please let me know! As this is my first trip to Belize, I am feeling a little lost in all the information and any direction/advice would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance!
-CT

As a 'future' resident of AC I too am very thankful to Marty for keeping this board up and running through all this...and I am SO glad to hear that it sounds like things are in no way as bad as I'd envisioned from the TV reports (what info I saw rarely mentioned Belize!) We feared the worst..we'd love to see some photos too of how AC fared!! As some of you have said, God must love that island! By the way, does anyone know anything of how the area up around Journey's End/Butterfly Jungle fared? MataGrande Studios area? If anyone hears from Valley Ruddick..tell her Nancy & Stephen hope all's ok at the nursery!!
I too would be there to help....if I could afford to take off and get there!! smile

"Sometimes I go this way, sometimes I go that way-but it's always MY way!" LOL! "Cheshire" in CA
T
T
I am so thankful it sounds as though everyone on AC is safe and that the island escaped with relatively minimal damage as compared to what it could have endured! Thank you all so much for the updates! AC is my husband's and my "happy place", and we look forward to spending much more time there in the near future.

From Jaguar Reef in Hopkins (southern coast of mainland)
"We had no damages done at the lodge, we barely had any wind and we never had to evacuate anyone. "

B
B
I just spoke to Linda Carter 5 minutes ago via her cell phone in SP. She says "not a drop of rain" got into her apartment and she and Kathy (Beachin Kitchen) are doing fine. She also said - and stressed that this is hearsay only right now - that the Tacklebox bar was very badly damaged. She also wanted to know if there was an official wind speed number for San Pedro. It was great to hear her voice!

FenUK #246627 08/21/07 01:41 PM
A
AFD Offline
A
Wow! Good to hear that the Turtleman (Greg Smith) and boys were holed up safely at Sueno del Mar. Curious how things (palapa, dock, buildings)fared there at Sueno del Mar??? Anybody???

AFD #246629 08/21/07 01:43 PM
H
H
I loved eating at Beachin Kitchen. I'm glad that they are okay.

Page 98 of 113 1 2 96 97 98 99 100 112 113

Link Copied to Clipboard
April
S M T W T F S
1 2 3 4 5 6
7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 27
28 29 30
Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 113 guests, and 0 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums44
Topics79,201
Posts500,024
Members20,464
Most Online7,413
Nov 7th, 2021

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.