Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 3 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
I have been following this board for so long that I feel like I know you all. I have had that sick feeling in the pit of my stomach ever since Dean started to threaten you. I am so relieved that everyone seems to have weathered the storm, so to speak. My wife and I are scheduled to arrive on the 8th of September (in 18 days) at the Belizean shores and we were wondering what you all think about AC's ability to recover in that amount of time.

186,000,000 miles per second is not just a good idea, it's the law!
J
J
First time on this site as well.
Anyone seen or heard from Sharon Boyd (Banyan Bay) this morning?
I'm not sure if she stayed or not...last I heard she was (maybe?)planning on going to Banana Beach.
I hope everyone out there is okay!

C
C
HaHahahaha! As long as there is good food, plenty of booze and air conditioning I consider that normal. Sounds like we are going to keep our plans to come down. WoooHoooo!

I'm so relieved to hear that the island had minimal damage!!
I'm glad everyone is safe smile

"If you find a path with no obstacles, it probably doesn't lead anywhere"
Ruth1 Offline OP
OP Offline
I just heard from Sandra at Portofino...She is not there (she is out of the country) but her husband Jan is there...Jan just called her....here is the message. Jan and Staff are fine - Portofino Resort. This is North on the island.

Dear Ruth,
thank you so much for your help!
Finally Jan had called me about an hour ago, and he and our staff are ok! Thank goodness!
As well we have minor damage, things that easily can get fixed up, and even the power is still out, we are on generator, so I can call him any time I like.
I really want to thank you for your sweet words earlier today.
As I'm 6 weeks pregnant and really was worried that something might have happen on AC. Luckily everybody is fine.

Thanks again,

Sandra

Last edited by Ruth1; 08/21/07 02:06 PM.
Hey everyone... so very glad to hear that everyone seems to be ok, and that Dean didn't do the damage that he might have. We miss so many of you too.... Hope Tacogirl and hubby are fine, Marie says hi, and thanks for the pics!! We will be back soon... you all stay safe and smile... tomorrow will be another beautiful day in AC!! Take care!

Mike and Marie

M. Sjulstad
M&M Trivia - JAMPT UP Band
C
C
Thanks everyone for the update and reassurance that all will be okay. I have been planning this trip for a LONG time for our 25th wedding anniversary and I could not imagine not being able to go. The more I read about the people and AC the more I like about it. I will see you in November.

A
A
I'm a friend of Steve's at Ecologic Divers.

How did his pier and building survive?

Cblessing, a number of us board regulars will be down in November, generally starting about the 9th or 10th. Just look for us at BC's, Canuck's, Tackle Box, Roadkill Bar, etc. We'll be the sunburned ones laughing our asses off!! laugh

When you find a big kettle of crazy, it's best not to stir it.
C
C
Oh Darn!!! We leave to come home on the 9th. We will only be there the 2nd thru the morning of the 9th.

Page 3 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8

Link Copied to Clipboard
March
S M T W T F S
1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 289 guests, and 0 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums44
Topics79,199
Posts500,011
Members20,460
Most Online7,413
Nov 7th, 2021

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.