Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
OP Offline
Several home owners asked me to assess the damage at their houses, and here is a report, from North to South:

* Waldo, your house is ok, minor damage to the dock.

* Costa Maya: OK, trees damaged, some windows that weren't boarded up, and part of the dock and the palapa - dive shop is ok.

* Ann, Bill and Nancy: Gutter is gone, dock has split (whatever that means) and telephone cable is broken.

* Stann: All OK, thatch on the dock has gone. Cliff and Joanne stayed the night with Carla.

* Cliff and Joanne's house: OK, no damage, dock is a total loss though.

* Portofino: OK, some damage to the dock, few water leaks, but will be fixed by tomorrow morning.

* Jim: No damage, but the dock has lifted up where it comes on the seawall (as I told you it would).

* Will dock seems to be gone; haven't been South yet, but will do so later and report.

* Keane's house, spoke to the caretaker, and there is damage to the dock - the thatch and the end have gone.

Jan

Last edited by Portofino; 08/22/07 12:12 AM. Reason: Some small corrections
L
L
Thanks Jan for the North report. Our houe is(hopefully) in Playa Blanca and we haven't been able to get our caretaker on the phone or any reports from that specific area.
We all appreciate the info in your reprt.

C
C
Hey Jan
We own the house 3 doors south, thatch front, can't reach Antonio do you have any info on him and our place
JD

M
MJ3 Offline
M
I am new to this - it is one thing to sit and read, another to become an active participant! I am seeking any news of the status of Tobacco Caye in the aftermath of Dean. I noticed one other person inquired earlier but I haven't yet been able to dredge up any responses to the question.

S
S
Appreciated the damage report. Hope to meet you next year when we return for 8 months. Any news of Oceanaire damage? Thanks, Sunpirate--

L
L
Thank you Jan for these updates.

If you happen to walk furthur south towards Mata Chica, could you keep an eye open for our pier. It is two piers north of Mata Chica's pier. Before Dean it had a swim deck and large palapa on it. We just left San Pedro 3 weeks ago after spending a month enjoying our "brand new pier" and planning the building of our home. Oh, well. At least it sounds as though everyone is alive and healthy.

I would greatly appreciate it.

Thank you,

Laura Wild

L
L
Laura:
Our house is immediately to the north of your pier and property. Can't get an answer from our caretaker as to the condition of that area. If you hear anything, please post it here. And I'll do the same.

OP Offline
Elbert's House: No damage, mainly trees, vegitation, beach and some damage to the dock.
I will be going south after I'm done posting some pictures.
Jan

you rock bro. thanks

S
S
Hey Jan, thank you so much for the update and the pictures.
It gives us a better idea how everything looks like!

Just a Q... Paul and Cynthia have asked for an update about their house, and they are very worried!

Can you please send someone over to see what the status is, and let them know?

It is very late here... whished I was with you!

Hou van je,

Santje

Page 1 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8

Link Copied to Clipboard
March
S M T W T F S
1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 277 guests, and 0 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums44
Topics79,199
Posts500,011
Members20,460
Most Online7,413
Nov 7th, 2021

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.