Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3
Marty Offline OP
OP Offline
from Lan Sluder

Based on emails I've received and from reports on www.BelizeEmergency.net, nearly all hotels in Belize, even those in Corozal District, escaped Dean without serious damage.

Nearly all hotels, except those that are closed for routine seasonal maintenance, are open. A few hotels in Corozal Town say they will reopen later this week. Hotel Maya in Corozal Town and a couple of small Corozal guesthouses report they suffered some structural damage and haven't decided when they'll reopen.

Reporting hotels in Orange Walk District say they suffered no significant damage and are open (unless already closed for seasonal maintenance).

Most hotels on Ambergris Caye report that they suffered no structural damage. A few had minor damage and downed trees and some beach erosion. Most will reopen on Thursday, after grounds cleanup. Victoria House, Costa Maya Resort and a few others are closed for a short time for cleanup.

Hotels on Caye Caulker uniformly report no damage, and most have stayed open, though a few will reopen later this week or early next, after cleanup.

Properties in Belize, Cayo, Stann Creek and Toledo districts uniformly report no damage and are open for business, except for those already closed for routine seasonal maintenance.

Bottom line is that the tourism industry in Belize suffered very little damage and that except for some short-term cancellations during the next few weeks -- Belize's slowest tourism period anyway -- the tourism industry should not have any significant impact from Hurricane Dean.

--Lan Sluder

Marty Offline OP
OP Offline
here is a developing list of resorts in San Pedro and their reopening schedules

http://www.belizeemergency.net/dean/san_pedro.html

Marty Offline OP
OP Offline
here is the same list for Caye Caulker
http://www.belizeemergency.net/dean/caye_caulker.html

T
T
Hi,

I stumpled across the forum searching for info on Belize and the hurricane. Thanks Marty for all the info you have provided it has been very valuable. I am suppose to arrive to Belizean shores tomorrow and they are the one resort I cannot get any info on...Does anyone know what there status is?

Torc

I just talked with the stateside reservations person and she said that they had recieved an email from the Belizean Shores that said that they would be open for business on Friday. That there was only damage to beach and vegitation. She seemed to think that they still have problems with the power. My wife and I are arriving from NM on the 8th of Sept. Good Luck

186,000,000 miles per second is not just a good idea, it's the law!
T
T
Thanks, I got a report from reservations that said tomorrow a few mins ago...I guess I should call back again soon and see what is up!

Torc: Let us know what you hear. Even if they are not "open" I'm sure that they will not send you away.

186,000,000 miles per second is not just a good idea, it's the law!
S
S
Hello-

I'm with you on the lack of information coming out of Belizian Shores! The reservations office still has no answers and I am scheduled to arrive on Friday afternoon. Anyone with any information please forward- if not I will be postponing my trip! I understand this is an emergency situation but it seems like everyone except Belizian shores has there act together and is communicating!

T
T
Hi,

I would think you will be good by Friday. Based on what reservations is saying they should be opened tomorrow but I too would like a confirmation on that since my flight leaves tomorrow morning from Toronto, Canada.

Saam & Torc,
Just go! You'll love it no matter what! I'm sure they'll be able to put you up when you get there.

I'm happier than a pig in s__t...a foot on the sand...and a Belikin in my hand!
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3

Link Copied to Clipboard
March
S M T W T F S
1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 327 guests, and 0 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums44
Topics79,199
Posts500,011
Members20,460
Most Online7,413
Nov 7th, 2021

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.