Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3
S
S
Can anyone confirm if the electricity is back on in the area of Belizian Shores? I'm not worried about beach erosion and foilage as much as arriving with no electricity or water. I've heard it was back up but then taken down due to problems.
Has anyone been in touch or seen the owners to get solid information? He really needs to communicate with his reservation office so we can be at ease in coming in this week...

Thanks in advance for any help!

T
T
Ok, it seems everytime you call the reservation desk, the answer changes...last guy said they should be open, this person says they are closed and she doesn't know whats going on, as the power is out....not sure what to do?

S
S
Your talking to the same guy and girl in the office in Florida that I am! The office closes at 5:00 Eastern time...
I have no idea what to do...where would we stay if they have no electricity??

T
T
I don't know, the guy was confident that they would be good even said they had a generator if the power is out...the girl is saying the complete opposite. Have you tried the resort directly? I have had no luck doing that myself, but man I need to know what to do before tomorrow morning.

S
S
If the electricity is down I'm sure that is why we can't get thru to the hotel directly. At this point our best bet is to get information from people on the island and hope the owner surfaces soon!

Originally Posted by Saam
If the electricity is down I'm sure that is why we can't get thru to the hotel directly. At this point our best bet is to get information from people on the island and hope the owner surfaces soon!

Hey guys stop worrying. If they can't accomodate you I can guarantee there will be a ton of rooms available just about anywhere on the Island. As for as the reliability of electricity, south of the bridge is your best bet. We own a condo just north of the bridge and stay about 5 months a year there. It seems that a week doesn't go by without a short power outage even when things are normal......it's the Belizean way! If this is one of the only oportunities for a while for you to go down......GO!

I'm happier than a pig in s__t...a foot on the sand...and a Belikin in my hand!
Hon Offline
When I stayed at Coral Bay Villas two years ago, it was my understanding that it was managed by the same people who manage Belizean Shores, the Penlands.

This may or may not be current info but you could try calling Coral Bay directly - 011-501-226-3003. They are just south of town and likely have power.

Newfoundlanders are the only people in heaven who want to go home.
K
K
Re: Belizean Shores
We live at Coco Beach full time. It is being built by Herm Penland and is just down the beach from Belizean Shores. We left just before the hurricane hit so I don't have first hand information but can relay that Belizean Shores suffered little damage. Lost a few roof tiles and a lot of vegitation has been knocked down. Similar to most resorts on the island.

The internet at the resort is down as well as cell phones over most of San Pedro.

Herm's office in town has phone service. 501-226-2005

Doug Penland is at the resort: cell 501-624-5859 if it is working
Jim Henry is General Manager cell 501-605-4067 if it is working

We have talked to several friends and everything is doing well. Power outages in some places, but that should be repaired soon.

S
S
Torc-

Just got off the phone to the Belizian Shores Stateside reservation office. Speak to Kathleen- she switched us to the Aqua Marina Suites which is owned by the same people. They have a great website: aquamarinasuites.com. They also own the Sunbreeze and she can put you up there too. I was tired of not knowing what to do with their electrical problem so she moved us over. If you can't get in touch with her by the time you leave I would go directly to either hotel and work it out. Let me know if you have further questions am will be happy to help you out in any way since were both in the same boat!

S
S
Kwalkpt and Hon-

Thanks so much for the great information and phone numbers!
The stateside reservations desk simply gave up on Belizian Shores and booked us at the Aqua Marina Suites. Makes me feel so much better to have a hotel that is up and running! Looking forward to a great vacation now!

Thanks again- you guys are the best!

Page 2 of 3 1 2 3

Link Copied to Clipboard
March
S M T W T F S
1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 272 guests, and 0 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums44
Topics79,199
Posts500,011
Members20,460
Most Online7,413
Nov 7th, 2021

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.