Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
And spanakopita with tzatziki.

When you find a big kettle of crazy, it's best not to stir it.
Right and we are both forgetting the dopio or hima.

bywarren, it is a chip butty, not buddy. Chip butties are the ultimate comfort food. High in carbos and extra high in tryptophan, which is a chemical we all enjoy.

Chip butty - take fat chips (in USA language that would be big fat fries), put them into a squishy white buttered crusty roll (almost impossible to find in Belize). Then add whichever condiments you prefer. Maybe salt & vinegar, maybe ketchup, maybe curry sauce (the curry sauce you get from chippies who make chip butties tends to be a gelatonous green substance that tastes like pure msg). Heaven - the british equivelent to a big mac hit.

Now back to the new restaurant. I am a big fan of Turkish food. What style of Turkish restaurant are we likely to see? Is it going to be a grill or ocakbasi style restaurant? Can't wait to hear more.

www.conchcreative.com
Belize Wedding Photography

Bring on the Southern cooking! How about some pan fried chicken with real mashed potatoes and cream/milk gravey? A pie that is not key lime. Can you bake bread too? Or just some dinner rolls. Come on down Automan-when are you opening? Yes you can work at your own business. We eat out a lot but I cook at home some, just to get some good southern cooking.

Life is not about waiting for the storm to pass, it's about learning to dance in the rain.
A
automan Offline OP
OP Offline
A
absolutely pan fried chicken and real mashed potatoes. i normally just make biscuits, cornbread, and rolls, but my mother has an 80 year old sour dough hend me down that has been in the family for a long time. i bet i could get her to cut off a bit to bring down with us... if you like sour dough bread, that is.

not sure on a time frame yet. our first baby is due in 9 weeks. plus i am not sure where to look to find out what the island has in the way of empty locations that could be used as the restaurant (with maybe a very small living quarters attached.)

any ideas on how to find such a place?

Pedro2,

Thai Green Curry is served at Coconets on Monday with Jasmine Sticky Rice $12.00 bze. Indian Curry later in the week. Mousaka on Tuesday.

Adam

Last edited by beachboy; 07/07/07 12:42 PM.
G
G
Their idea of proper baked beans is a can of Heinz beans warmed up....

Warren ....you should know that this is properly seved on TOAST.

C
C
FOr a Southern-style restaurant don't forget greens, black-eyed peas and cornbread!! Maybe some dirty rice? Biscuits & gravy? B-B-Q ribs will go over good. How 'bout sweet potatoes, you know, with marshmallows on top so it's all sticky sweet goodness!! I live in the South too, but over by Texas so our food may be a little different.

Nobody has mentioned banana pudding and sweet tea yet!

Page 2 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard
April
S M T W T F S
1 2 3 4 5 6
7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 27
28 29 30
Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 249 guests, and 0 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums44
Topics79,204
Posts500,029
Members20,468
Most Online7,413
Nov 7th, 2021

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.