Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
flyaway Offline OP
OP Offline
Hi! Looks like there's lots of good info on this board, hoping to get some more good tips. Staying at Blue Tang Inn (w/ kitchen) in about a month - how close are the "local" grocery shops? What food should we bring with us rather than buy? Top 10 places for eating and drinking? Planning to do the cave rapelling trip...any feedback on that? Is it as crazy as it looks? Esp for someone whose sporting adventures lie mostly within diving...

Any feedback on this particular Inn - location, service, etc.

S
S
You're in a great location. Chuck and Robbie's is a local favorite for diving, just one block north of Blue Tang. Great guys and excellent equipment. A lot of us locals living here, dive with them. You are one block from Richie's, a moderately priced store and a short walk to SuperBuy (five blocks or so). Great places to eat all around, from D's Surf Shop to Cocos to Waraguma 2 a few blocks away. I particularly like the food at Oscar's Gym. $1 for burritos, 2 will fill you. Boca del Rio is a great part of the island, mostly local. Wet Willy's on your dock is a fun place with the coldest draft beer on the island. Garrick is a great host. Pirate's Pizza is just around the corner. Liquor Box will deliver liquor and beer. Put your order in at Chuck and Robbie's for some fillet, as Eric always brings in a catch! Have fun! October is a great time.

SIN

Check out my site: www.ambergriscayerealestate.net
flyaway Offline OP
OP Offline
Thank you, Sir! We're not afraid of a decent walk...is it safe to walk around town and down the beach at night? How far does the beach stretch down to south of town? We are setting up the diving with Blue Tang, so I'm not sure if they have their own operation or who they work with. I like the sound of Wet Willy's right at our doorstep! Thanks for the good info.

S
S
Walking at night is safe, just don't get too drunk and keep flashy jewelry in the safe.

The beach runs the length of the island and is open to the public.

SIN

P
P
Hey totally agree with all of SINs suggestions. I walk around the island all the time and find it safe. A couple of other places I would like to add is The Green House they have pretty good prices. Also Syliva's Kitchen she delivers meals really good really well priced you just order ahead. Cannibals is also another nice little beach bar twards the middle of town on the beach they have a good menu for $10.00 BZE you get some great stewed chicken and rice and beans. Lilly's also has some pretty good breakfasts. Cholos is fun to sit and have a beer or two or three (lol). All of these are just a short walk away from where you are staying.

S
S
Cannibals! Stiff drinks!

A
A
Pack very light and try Estels on the beach for breakfast.

S
S
we enjoyed dinner at el patio and jambel's jerk pit. Lunch at Wild Mango's and Cannibal's. Drinks EVERYWHERE. Fido's Sand Bar (south near VH?) was good but the Fido's actually in town was WAY better. Uh- hubby and brother ate breakfast at George's Kitchen (?) and said it was good old american grease pit style (a good thing) when we were staying south at victoria house. One morning we walked into town and got "mexican pastries" at some corner bakery when we were staying at Changes In Latitudes- the pastries were SUPER cheap and yummy. Ruby's is supposed to have decent breakfasts. We also ate at Waraguma in town, before the 2 was done, one can never eat enough pupusa's!

As far as walking around on the beach at night- not a problem- we walked from north of town by the cut all the way down to canuck's one night. Keep the flashy jewels put away and don't buy any pot from the guys on the street. Make sure you know what you're walking on- hubby sliced his toe open on a nail in the boardwalk by Ramon's and had to pour some One Barrel on it at the B&B when we got back. I know- bad waste of good rum but it didn't end up infected! LOL.

Above all else- ENJOY! Kick back- don't wear shoes/sandals/flips (the sand will give you blisters)- wear 30 or 50 sunblock and have fun!

do I have to get shots to go there? 8o)
I just can't recommend not wearing sandals. I used to believe in that, but that was before Hurricane Keith. Since then, I think everyone should wear their even Tiva-like sandals or at a minimum, flip-flops, whether on the street or on the beach. The reason I say this is because there are nails, broken glass and coral bits everywhere, just waiting for your heel or toe . . .

Walking about barefoot used to be lovely, but it all changed for the worse after Keith and just hasn't ever really recovered, IMO.

I spend lots of my time bent over picking up nails and bits of glass both on the street and as I walk down the beach in town. If everyone would help me in this cause, things would probably clean up in that regard.

A fish and a bird can fall in love, but where will they build their nest?

C
C
I agree with the other posts and would add Papi's for dining. If you fish, almost any restaurant will cook your catch.

Seashell, I too constantly pick up glass when I walk the beach. I have also picked many bottles out of the water. Everyone should do there part to keep the island beautiful

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard
April
S M T W T F S
1 2 3 4 5 6
7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 27
28 29 30
Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 151 guests, and 0 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums44
Topics79,204
Posts500,028
Members20,468
Most Online7,413
Nov 7th, 2021

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.