For more information contact: 207 8887 / 223 4501 /610 1186 /610 4320
Email:[email protected]
Media Advisory / Press Release
Record Number of Attendees Expected For another MAJOR Historic Event
WHAT: Belize National Association of Realtors® Second Historic Public
Workshop to be facilitated by the Senior Vice President of the USA and
the worlds largest Real Estate organization- the National Association of
REALTORS® /NAR
WHEN: September 1st, 2007 - doors closed at 9 a.m. - 5 p.m.
WHERE: Best Western Belize Biltmore Plaza

Members of the media, the Real Estate Business professionals, real estate brokerage, appraisers, surveyors, financial institutions, Offshore bankers, Insurance companies, developers, Tourism/hospitality/resorts/second homes, Business Opportunity Brokers, title companies, title researchers, legal professionals, other professional organizations and their members, including Human Resource, the Business Community, American Chamber of Commerce, British Chamber of Commerce, the Public Service, the Government of Belize, the Senate, the Office of the Governance, the Belize Chamber of Commerce and members, the Belize Business Bureau and members, the Educational institutions/colleges faculty and business students, the Belize Tourist Board, The BTIA, licensed tour operators/guides, members of the BAR, BELTRAIDE, Accountants, NGO's, Medical & Dental Association, Engineers and Architects, Contractors, the Private Sector�are invited to attend the Belize National Association of REALTORS® Second Public Workshop at the Belize Biltmore Plaza, on Saturday, September 1st, 2007.

More than 200 professionals and other participants from across the country are expected to attend this very first orientation workshop that will be conducted by a very important Senior Vice President, Association Executive/, Leadership, International and Specialities of the National Association of REALTORS®/NAR, 1.3 million members in the USA and associations in over 55 countries including the Dominican Republic, Jamaica and other Caribbean and Latin countries and soon to include our very own Belize. This is an enormous opportunity for Belizeans to attend a workshop given by such a senior VIP of an organization of more than 4 times the size of Belize! Everyone that takes advantage of this exceptional and unique opportunity will benefit greatly from this workshop.

REALTORS® are committed to addressing the issues that affect the housing community locally and internationally.
The Workshop presentations will also provide media and other attendees with the opportunity to get the latest information on the National Association of Realtors, their support for BNAR, and the opportunities available for our members and affiliate members and the public, our Code of Ethics training �the REALTOR® Trademarks and their authorized usage by the members of BNAR, and a lot more. A certificate of five contact hours with a 20% discount towards the next workshop of BNAR will be issued to the first 200 attendees, and the certificate from the first workshop will be issued to those attendees also.

Sponsorship opportunities are available. There is an early registration fee of $100.00 which ends at midnight August 29, 2007 will include morning/afternoon snacks and lunch.

On-site registration, at a cost of $110.00, will begin Saturday, September 1st, 8:00 a.m. - 8:45 a.m., Workshop begins at 9: a.m. SHARP. Credit Card payments accepted.
7 Craig Street, Belize City, P.O. Box 434, 223 45 01, 207 8887 Email: [email protected] 610 1186

Check out my site: www.ambergriscayerealestate.net
We need a Real Estate Developers Association too. These are the people affecting the future.

B.R.E.D.A. ???

Writer claims no authority, worthwhile knowledge of any kind, and didn't make love to that woman.
S
OP Offline
S
I am only familiar with BNAR. so far.

SIN

Last edited by Sir Isaac Newton; 08/28/07 10:49 AM. Reason: Bad info

That's a lot of umbrella's. Must be expecting rain. Personally I believe they need to communicate with each other but there has to be division or the good intensions from private enterprise can be too easily compromised. I'm not a big fan of red tape but review boards can but very useful. In addition follow up s on compliance of promises made or kept would be nice. Some seem to be able to do whatever they want and others with great ideas can get nowhere. Takes an act of congress to get things done in the US but here a hardy hanclasp. OK, not exactly but you catch my drift. Local Planning boards are useful but often undermaned. In the old days, a few pillars of the community and some common sense could get things done but now the growth is approaching a new level. We're all an hour late and a dollar short for that. I'm just an idea guy/consultant. I'm not a politician, an administrator, accountant, or lawyer. But 30 years in construction all over the US, I've seen the mistakes in planning and predicted many of them waaaay ahead of time. It's gonna take a lot to avoid expensive problems later. Just my opinion. I kinda like this place. Like to see it work well for everyone in the future.

By the way, thanks for putting up the notice about the Meeting Sept. 1st.

I see good things ahead for you.

Writer claims no authority, worthwhile knowledge of any kind, and didn't make love to that woman.
S
OP Offline
S
Licensing will be highest priority. A license is needed to sell rice and beans here, but not for selling a piece of land?

H
H
Regulation, taxation, inflation. Nobody wins but the realtors.

S
S
Belize is growing up, end of story. The free ride for fly by nights has ended. We have reputable agents across the country. Those who wish to come in and take advantage will now be excluded, is there anything wrong with that?? Those who don't want to participate should go elsewhere.

I understand that point of view Hunter and might have a greed with you at one time but the truth is the major sources of revenues coming into Belize are directly tied to Real Estate Sales and Buyers confidence. There are plenty of taxes to be paid by realtors too. The amount of work matching the buyers to the properties and verse visa is a lot more than I can say in a paragraph. Especially if you are honest and willing to lose a sale. In other words take pride in the service you provide. Regulation can be our friend. If proper ethics are not a law than who's to say what is wrong and what is ok? Just a for instance. If you want to sell your land and your Agent says it's really only worth so much so you trust them and later find out they took it themselves, marked it up 40,000 and sold it for more in addition to charging you a commission "for protecting and advising you", would you think that was wrong? And in addition, what if they passed the sale on to another person without changing the title to their name first and avoided the transfer fees. Is that OK? In the US and anywhere else these things have to be disclosed. If there are dark corners, they cockroaches will find them. We have had clean title guidlines for a while now and a flat transfer tax that gives a person the ability to buy in their own name instead of a corporation. This has increased the buying which benefits the whole economy.

H
H
Due diligence and a lawyer is all you need.

No matter where you go ... There you are!
S
OP Offline
S
(he he) He said lawyers in all we need! I guess you haven't spent much time in Belize. (he he he)

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard
March
S M T W T F S
1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 287 guests, and 0 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums44
Topics79,199
Posts500,011
Members20,460
Most Online7,413
Nov 7th, 2021

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.