Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 4 1 2 3 4
G
OP Offline
G
Thanks for the advice Seashell & Pedro2. Makes sense.

Seems that there is also quite a difference in pricing; I see ranges from $275 - $330 from the suggested shops for the referral course. Not that price is my only consideration. I do prefer personalized service over a low cost I'm just a number kind of place. I don't mind paying a little more for quality. I just wonder why such a range with all the competition. But I assume I won't offend anyone if I attempt to negotiate since its the slow season.

Pedro2, Yes, I will just need to complete the 4 dives when I get to Belize. I will do the PADI class and pool work next weekend thru a local dive shop. I'm not sure what you meant by "The expression doesn't have a fixed meaning (so obviously the cost varies)". So, that might explain my other comment about price? I assumed the term "referral course" was universal = 4 dives to complete cert.

P.S.

I got into an acccident the day after I got my drivers license.

Last edited by Gotbeach; 08/25/07 01:03 PM.
S
S
Randy Rodriguez with Chuck and Robbie's Dive Shop certified me. He does a lot of referrals as well, the open water dives here in Belize. He's really good, patient and personal.

His cell: 011-501-622-8122.

I agree, the smaller places offer more personalized service.

SIN

Check out my site: www.ambergriscayerealestate.net
G
OP Offline
G
Thanks SIN!

I sent them an email yesterday and waiting for a reply.

Their website said they are pulling their boat in Sept for maint.

S
S
Probably, they have two, a large boat and a small boat.

SIN

Check out my site: www.ambergriscayerealestate.net
[quote=seashell] Kinda like the Stockholm Syndrome. wink

hehe rich

White Sands Dive Shop
https://whitesandsdiveshop.com/
P
P
I have some more names to add to the list. First I do recommend Chuck and Robbie to a lot of people looking for a smaller dive company. Another really good one is Amigos del Mar they are excellent. I lot of my friends also use Bottom Time.
My suggestion is when you get to San Pedro take sometime to talk to all the shops(if you haven't done so by email) look for the one that suits your personality.
Good Luck

smile Glad you liked that Elbert.

Gotbeach . . .I'm sure you have maturity on your side now wink

A fish and a bird can fall in love, but where will they build their nest?

Is that a remark about my gray, white hair? smile
I like to just listen when people ask the board for a recommendation for a SCUBA instructor.
you learn a lot wink
I don't really pick up work from the board or search for it on the board. I get most from my home page and the net of search engines.
It would be a shameless self promotion to post something like www.scubalessonsbelize.com whistle

White Sands Dive Shop
https://whitesandsdiveshop.com/
You have had some very good input - which of course does not make it easier for you.
Belize Diving Adventures (Everette & Inez) have lost their dock leases twice in the last year and right now do not have a shop on the beach. They are really good and sure could use the business. I have been diving with Everette for years and my guests always fall in love with his wonderful ways.
You might want to go to the section on the main part of this site and look at all the web sites for diving.
There was only one shop her that I would not be supportive of and I just learned they fired the jerk I couldn't stand. So now I can't say anything bad about any of them. LOL

Harriette
Take only pictures leave only bubbles
G
OP Offline
G
Thanks for all the info.

Robbie replied to my mail and said they were closed during the time of my stay and suggested Reef Adentures.

Elbert, thanks for your link. I sent you an email. People don't know your out there unless you tell them; since nobody suggested you? What's up with that?

Page 2 of 4 1 2 3 4

Link Copied to Clipboard
April
S M T W T F S
1 2 3 4 5 6
7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 27
28 29 30
Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 121 guests, and 0 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums44
Topics79,204
Posts500,029
Members20,468
Most Online7,413
Nov 7th, 2021

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.